10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
giphy.gif

Vilarrubi

*offtopic* (or rather un-flowing)

Lionel Messi has never been a favourite of mine. Now lets not go full retard here if I had to make a World 11 to represent earth for my survival he is an automatic pick in my team because of his ability. He would join my front line with R9 and Ronaldinho with Neymar as my substitute
Just because I am a Barcelona fan doesn't mean I have to have Messi as a favourite.
I'll never buy a shirt with his name on it and he will never be on my World XI lists.

So why do I have this 'lack of support' for Messi. It is Nothing to do with Messi as a football player. I can't say he isn't entertaining. Maybe abit of a robotic appearance at times but for someone to deny entertainment value and 'the wow-factor is odd with what Messi has managed to show.

It is the perceived lack of recognition to Barcelona's success in regard to Guardiola, Busquets, Puyol, Xavi and Iniesta when it comes those those who are not true Barcelona fans and/or not recognising the value of those players in the success of Barcelona.
Many have recognised how important those players were.
If Messi had not reached the grand heights he did I feel I would definitely support Messi more than I do

I didn't get this part.... The first part especially? and you're saying if Messi wasn't as good you'd like him more? (We wouldn't have half as many trophies if he wasn't as good)..

So it's like you're going against the crowd because every Barca fan likes Messi??

The whole thing confused me mate sorry..

Asylum15

Lionel Messi has never been a favourite of mine. Now lets not go full retard here if I had to make a World 11 to represent earth for my survival he is an automatic pick in my team because of his ability. He would join my front line with R9 and Ronaldinho with Neymar as my substitute
Just because I am a Barcelona fan doesn't mean I have to have Messi as a favourite.
I'll never buy a shirt with his name on it and he will never be on my World XI lists.

So why do I have this 'lack of support' for Messi. It is Nothing to do with Messi as a football player. I can't say he isn't entertaining. Maybe abit of a robotic appearance at times but for someone to deny entertainment value and 'the wow-factor is odd with what Messi has managed to show.

It is the perceived lack of recognition to Barcelona's success in regard to Guardiola, Busquets, Puyol, Xavi and Iniesta when it comes those those who are not true Barcelona fans and/or not recognising the value of those players in the success of Barcelona.
If Messi had not reached the grand heights he did I feel I would definitely support Messi more than I do

In order words, he doesn't like Leo as much because he took the shine off how much the fore mentioned players were perceived in contributing to the 'golden' period under Guardiola.

That's a view I'll never in my life understand.

Neymessi

Xavi insiesta guaridola etc are all recognised and considered great for what they did. Messi di not take all the spotlight from them. He just took his deserved share. You are talking as if no one gives a crap about xavi,iniesta,guardiola etc

El Flaco

Xavi insiesta guaridola etc are all recognised and considered great for what they did. Messi di not take all the spotlight from them. He just took his deserved share. You are talking as if no one gives a crap about xavi,iniesta,guardiola etc

Indeed.

Hell, people even used to say that Messi only looked great because of Xaviesta (just as an example).

As you said, a lot of current/former players have got credit for their contributions throughout the years.

KingLeo10

well if you're willing to bet your life on neymar (even as a sub) i can totally see why you'd have this opinion. :redbeard:

El Flaco

Quotes from ex-Spain coach Javier Clemente

“Messi is ahead of everyone. He does different things and the sum of those parts lifts him to first place. This doesn’t mean the rest aren’t any good, and I don’t know why some people get angry because of it.”

“If you aren’t the number one, who cares if you are number two; it’s out of your control if one guy is born better than you are. Cristiano has better abdominals, a height advantage, and he headers better. There are thing that Cristiano does better, but Messi beats him in technique, ability and vision, and that’s that. He should be happy and proud to be second in the word, there’s no more noble thing in sport to recognize the quality of your rivals.

http://en.as.com/en/2017/01/03/football/1483471540_574209.html

Neymessi

Usually non barca fans are just hatin on Messi. What a waste.

Not really. Most non barca non real fans consider messi the best currently. Very very few hate him. Why would anyone hate him? Even if I was a cr7 fan I don't know how I would have managed to hate him.

Home of Barca Fans