10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Much2soon

Although casuals probably leaned towards Ronaldo when it comes to the whose better between him and Messi, I think with his performances in the grand stages, analysts or so called experts might start leading that the Ronaldo way and no one can blame them.

I’m a Barça fan so I’ll always side with Messi because he’s the GOAT but the arguments have been getting tougher lately.

Much2soon

Besides those 2 goals he was invisible, but its every game like that when I watch RM and then boom he scores, its just their system is all about setting him up for goals which just discredits their whole team and makes Ronaldo look like he is a god.

Although i agree but in a game where no one else dominated, his goals is what made the difference.

Devils

Relax.

Messi is a few matches away from securing a domestic double and having a brilliant CL campaign so far as well.

Let the man do his thing without worrying for him.

gap is not big with the likes of henry van basten even romario.. obviously ronaldo is better.. but maradonna messi and fat ronaldo are animals of diferent species.. and messi is the ultimate player..those talks are fueled by fanatism and nothing more. ronaldo years back was ten times better than this.. still miles away from messi

Fat Ronaldo is a bit overrated if we view reasonably. It's because of his WC goals. Most of the time someone speak about the solo goal, they only show that one goal which he scored in Barcelona shirt. And that too his control of ball in tight spaces is not good as Iniesta let alone Messi. He's a prolific goalscorer with good dribbling skill. He's only as good as the likes of Zidane and Ronaldinho. He cannot be compared with Messi, Maradona, Di Stefano, Cruyff, Beckenbauer.

Last edited:

Givenchy

football fans are very fickle. if Messi scores a hattrick tomorrow night, he'll be the peoples GOAT again. I don't really take the opinions of fans seriously and every decent football legend pundit has Messi as the greater of the 2. Ronaldo really isn't far behind as people make out though, limited compared to Maradona and Messi? certainly but he does the most important part of football better than anyone else; goal scoring.

fwiw the internet hasn't been that bad, people acknowledging Ronaldo's greatness shouldn't trigger Messi fans so much

jairzinho

Both players seem to feed off each other at times.

After CR played the way he did today, I fully expect Messi to be in God mode tomorrow.

KingLeo10

Both players seem to feed off each other at times.

After CR played the way he did today, I fully expect Messi to be in God mode tomorrow.

agree. it's not a coincidence messi has looked super sharp in CL this season after a lackluster 15/16 and 16/17. 5 of messi's 6 CL goals are against juve and chelsea (he also had the winner v atletico), and I think he was motivated by CR7 scoring on teams like juve, bayern, atletico with free flow of late.

SKS-

Since 2011, even by casuals Messi is considered the better player. You'll be hard pressed to find polls or statistics that would suggest otherwise.

Anyway, theyr'e both fantastic and will be remembered as legends. With that said, I'll never understand why some people get so worked up about who is greater and blah blah. It is a team game.

ebc_99

Although casuals probably leaned towards Ronaldo when it comes to the whose better between him and Messi, I think with his performances in the grand stages, analysts or so called experts might start leading that the Ronaldo way and no one can blame them.

I’m a Barça fan so I’ll always side with Messi because he’s the GOAT but the arguments have been getting tougher lately.

I don't know anyone who thinks Ronaldo is better, some people on the internet do but I've never met one in real life. Messi is a step above, his place in history is secure. Ronaldo can never be on that level, it's impossible, he just hasn't got that level of talent no matter how hard he tries.

SeloBarca

I don't know anyone who thinks Ronaldo is better, some people on the internet do but I've never met one in real life. Messi is a step above, his place in history is secure. Ronaldo can never be on that level, it's impossible, he just hasn't got that level of talent no matter how hard he tries.

Majority of EPL fanboys do becouse he once played there.
Also for some reason hes very popular among easter Europeans and ex-yogoslavic people.
Alot of smaller places around the world think so becouse honestly they dont have alot of football coverage and only go by PR.

Among players, Messi is considered the best among 99% of the players.
And among countries with a wide selection of football coverage, most also say Messi.

Givenchy

Majority of EPL fanboys do becouse he once played there.
Also for some reason hes very popular among easter Europeans and ex-yogoslavic people.
Alot of smaller places around the world think so becouse honestly they dont have alot of football coverage and only go by PR.

Among players, Messi is considered the best among 99% of the players.
And among countries with a wide selection of football coverage, most also say Messi.

the EPL thing has changed alot actually, the old myth was that Messi couldn't do it against english opposition until he destroyed United in 2 finals. the only EPL fans i've seen say Ronaldo is better are butthurt United fans

Flavius

A hattrick from Messi will compete the CR7 performance from yesterday and internet back to "Messi is better"..LOL

SeloBarca

the EPL thing has changed alot actually, the old myth was that Messi couldn't do it against english opposition until he destroyed United in 2 finals. the only EPL fans i've seen say Ronaldo is better are butthurt United fans

Its actually one of the reasons i dont like watching games with English commentators.
They all seem to have some agenda against Barcelona and licks Real Madrids ass becouse of Ronaldo.

vlad

Ronaldo isnt better then messi, never was, never will, but he is outperformed heavily by ronaldo now few seasons in CL, 2015 is exception

Home of Barca Fans