10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I read that he said it was hamstring and he has felt it for a while. Hoping it is nothing serious and just a precaution.

We should rest him against Sevilla nevertheless.

Givenchy

And what if Ronaldo ends up winning both of them? I doubt any of us here would be calling him the GOAT.

Agreed

for us or any sensible person Ronaldo is obviously not the GOAT, for me he falls out the top5 of all time, for sure in my top10 though. The idiots out there.. for example a friend of mine, huge United fan, doesn't watch la liga and he's still adamant that Ronaldo is the best freekick taker in the world. its ironic that most Ronaldo fanboys point to statistics when debating vs Messi yet you bring up his shot/freekick accuracy stats and they blindly ignore stats 'oh those stats don't matter'

strangely its the United fans who cling on to Ronaldo more than any other fan, as if their hot girlfriend left them for a better man (Madrid) and they still cuck-hope for her to return some day. Most Madrid fans I ask all say Messi is comfortably better.

anyways on topic, hopefully Messi is okay, please EV rest him vs Sevilla

Meatball

Messi's son was born, Antonella back in business and Messi got injured again. Rings any bells?

Jesus! Can't wait for her to get pregnant again so Messi can be free from the duty and stay fit.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
[tw]977680118507216897[/tw]
Hope we will get something official on this soon. How bad it is etc.

pregra

Veronica Brunati, who follows Argentina very closely, reporting that Messi will not play against Spain and be released from the squad.

Horatio

You're welcome
I think something might be up but it's really minor and not considered an injury. Maybe slight overload that a bit of rest will fix.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
To be honest i think he looked normal vs Bilbao. I think its just fake injury so he can rest in these pointless matches.

Hope he wants to keep himself fresh by staying away from the useless friendlies and hence is faking the injury.

Makes sense too, especially considering that Argentina's media keep looking for reasons to belittle Leo & prove that he doesn't give his 100% to the Argentina-cause! They would probably write, "Look how Leo keeps himself available only for Barca when the NT hasn't built the chemistry yet there's WC at stake for Argentina!"

xXKonan

If he is carrying a minor Hamstring injury, I really wish he would have spoken up sooner and instead of waiting until he joined up with the Argentina squad.

I would bench him vs Sevilla. It's not like Sevilla are lighting the world on fire at home either.

pregra

I fear that this is something more serious than just fatigue in the muscle after playing many games. He was training normally up until the day before the game. AFA even put out that video of his goal in training, that was 11 vs 11 on a full pitch.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It is very strange indeed. Now I am reading stuff saying it is his adductor muscle that has been feeling something for a while, but then again he looked fine during his initial training with Argentina when their squad got together a couple of days ago and he scored an amazing goal in training.

Mitchell1978

It is very strange indeed. Now I am reading stuff saying it is his adductor muscle that has been feeling something for a while, but then again he looked fine during his initial training with Argentina when their squad got together a couple of days ago and he scored an amazing goal in training.

Messi has scored amazing goals before, in matches, while suffering from minor issues. I dont think they're lying, he has already played a lot so some muscle overload can happen. I still dont think its anything to really worry about, if neccessary barca can get a result in Seville, like a draw, without him.

Home of Barca Fans