10 - Lionel Messi - v5

NotInHere

I thought they were gonna pull out the injury card against the minmows not against the likes of Italy(realizing they aren't a powerhouse at the moment ofc, but nevertheless it's Italy)

Ritchie

Messi put a massive shift in against Chelsea and that takes a lot of him, he can't do that every week.

I wouldn't play him in the league between CL games the rest of the season.

behindbrowneyes

I thought they were gonna pull out the injury card against the minmows not against the likes of Italy(realizing they aren't a powerhouse at the moment ofc, but nevertheless it's Italy)

Playing against Spain is the more attractive option though. They could face them at the World Cup too so this is the better test for Argentina and Messi. Messi said earlier this year that he understands it is better for him to rest every now and then.

NotInHere

Playing against Spain is the more attractive option though. They could face them at the World Cup too so this is the better test for Argentina and Messi. Messi said earlier this year that he understands it is better for him to rest every now and then.
Yeah but I don't get this logic of resting with his NT, they only have two games left to prepare before the WC rolls around.

Mitchell1978

You can't really prepare anything or improve team chemistry 3 months before the world cup and with everybody going back to their club for the end of the season.
All these friendlies are mostly pointless, good for fifa and the pockets of the national federations.

raskolnikov

Its been the same for years now. Messi plays everything and despite his walking around is exhausted come april. He doesnt have much stamina to begin with so why play those countless useless “easy “ fixtures against bottom liga teams, copa del rey matches or be subbed in when we are already qualified for cl matches.

When you are at the wrong side of 30 you need to pick your matches better. He should focus fully on cl now and rest every now and then in la liga since we got it wrapped up. Then also prepare for the world cup.

I have to be honest. When you look at their line up vs Italy. That team aint winning the world cup bar some miracle. Its a midtier team at best even without adding the psychological pressure and lack of chemistry or time to build it. Messi is the goat and I hope he wins the world cup but there are several countries that are way stronger than them.

Ritchie

Its been the same for years now. Messi plays everything and despite his walking around is exhausted come april. He doesnt have much stamina to begin with so why play those countless useless “easy “ fixtures against bottom liga teams, copa del rey matches or be subbed in when we are already qualified for cl matches.

When you are at the wrong side of 30 you need to pick your matches better. He should focus fully on cl now and rest every now and then in la liga since we got it wrapped up. Then also prepare for the world cup.

I have to be honest. When you look at their line up vs Italy. That team aint winning the world cup bar some miracle. Its a midtier team at best even without adding the psychological pressure and lack of chemistry or time to build it. Messi is the goat and I hope he wins the world cup but there are several countries that are way stronger than them.

Ronaldo does it right and hits form now. He's played 4 games in the Copa Del Ray in the last 4 seasons for starters.

Home of Barca Fans