10 - Lionel Messi - v5

RMU ReBorn

Some say that they are not comparable because of their different playing style and playing positions. Legendary footballers will never say who is better because they want to be politically correct; like Pele who once said Ronaldo and then Messi. Ferdinand know's Messi is better than Ronaldo but of course he will never admit it for obvious reasons. Messi is the only player to embarrass both Ferdinand and Vidic. I remember when Messi nutmegged Vidic in the 2011 champions league final and made him look foolish, only time I have seen Vidic totally outplayed but back to Messi-Ronaldo talk.

But can CR7 dribble past 6 players and put the ball in the net?

Can he create chances as Messi does?

Can he provide assists or passes like Messi?

He is a great goalscorer who can score goals when he is fed. But he is not capable of scoring goals with individual brilliancy on a consistent basis like Leo.

Ronaldo has some better attributes like heading, physique, use of both feet but Messi has more impact over the game as he comes deep in the midfield and takes the ball that Ronaldo rarely does. Messi’s vision, passing and assists are legendary and he might just be the best passer of the ball ever too. Messi is a much more complete footballer than Ronaldo, its not comparable.

I dont believe in sayings like ‘Both are great players; just enjoy them’, or ‘they are not comparable’. Both are great players but know the truth - Messi is better than Ronaldo by a distance but respect both.
Toress had better of Vidic many a times . Just saying

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Messi will probably get fat pretty fast after his career is over. Man just likes to eat. But who can blame him for that.
Glad he changed his nutrition in his mid-twenties when he realized how it affects his body.

Ripsta

Real Madrid is still favourites to win the CL. If that happens, Messi will have to win the World Cup or else Ronaldo will in fact win the BD and probably Pichichi. Disgusting!

If he applied himself the same way Ronaldo does with the same obsession to be the best, he'd probably have 10 Ballon d'Or's on the bounce.

As it stands Cristiano will likely go on to eclipse Messi in individual honours and out gun him in the European scoring stakes. The international trophy will only become a bigger factor in his favour as the years go on.

If he misses out on the World Cup or doesn't get his ass into gear, I think Ronaldo will fully put his legacy to shade, like it or not. Sadly, I don't think Messi even realises it.

KingLeo10

If he applied himself the same way Ronaldo does with the same obsession to be the best, he'd probably have 10 Ballon d'Or's on the bounce.

As it stands Cristiano will likely go on to eclipse Messi in individual honours and out gun him in the European scoring stakes. The international trophy will only become a bigger factor in his favour as the years go on.

If he misses out on the World Cup or doesn't get his ass into gear, I think Ronaldo will fully put his legacy to shade, like it or not. Sadly, I don't think Messi even realises it.

yes, these are exactly the insecurities that keep messi up at night. He's ONLY won at age of 30:

9 Liga
4 CL
5 Ballon d'or
4 European Golden Shoe
600 goals + 270 assists for barca and argentina

probably should cry himself to sleep at this woeful career.

Kerrybai

You are getting pretty strange at this point. 90% of all footballers, coaches and pundits talk about Messi being the GOAT and not Ronaldo. Look up the quotes from these people on google and tell me how many of them mention Ronaldo as been the goat. Its all Messi Messi Messi.

I hope you actually enjoy these next few years as soon Messi will be gone from the footballing world.

Horatio

You're welcome

Stop worrying. It's out of your hands anyway.

M

MessiCam

For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against your name,
He writes - not that you have won or lost - but how you played the game.

Grantland Rice

Write that down!

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans