10 - Lionel Messi - v5

El Flaco

That pass to Suarez, tho. :worthy:

[gfy]SpecificTenderAnnashummingbird[/gfy]

[gfy]ValuableSandyBluetonguelizard[/gfy]

[gfy]GorgeousLinearBighorn[/gfy]

Messi goes down during his run against Osasuna and told the referee it wasn't a foul

[gfy]ViciousPleasedAmericanratsnake[/gfy]

[gfy]CompassionateInfantileBluejay[/gfy]

KingLeo10

great performance, but it is obvious that he is playing as a false 9 again or atleast spending the majority of his time in the middle. I don't have any problem with that except that it cuts off suarez's movement (and suarez has his finishing issues on top of that). Teams like osasuna don't have the positional discipline to punish our lack of a RW but other teams do and will.

F

FlaFCB

great performance, but it is obvious that he is playing as a false 9 again or atleast spending the majority of his time in the middle. I don't have any problem with that except that it cuts off suarez's movement (and suarez has his finishing issues on top of that). Teams like osasuna don't have the positional discipline to punish our lack of a RW but other teams do and will.

If that trends continue, I think we should use 3-4-3, with Messi as an AM

[formation=barca,9]
MATS
0-0-0-PIQUE-0-0-0
0-MASCH-0-0-0-UMTITI-0
0-0-0-BUSI-0-0-0
RCM-0-0-0-0-0-INIESTA
0-0-0-MESSI-0-0-0
RAFA/BOB-0-0-SUAREZ-0-0-ARDA/NEY
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Best thing is for him to return to rw, though.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
GbGY8vr.jpg

I had to log in to praise this post :worthy:

kilian

[tw]807582606325907456[/tw]

Messi telling the ref it wasn't a foul. This goes unnoticed.

In a sport full of posers and divers, he really stands out. I wish all of our team would act like him and not dive and act like they are shot with a sniper rifle when someone touches them.

Total-Football

Messi need to do more effort , all that " oh he's been marked " thing is BS .. look at how many times iniesta and neymar touch the ball , Messi is the world's most creative player , the passs he made to suarez was out of this world .. so make yourself avaible man , jogg a bit out of the shadows . Messi needs to touch the ball more than any barca player .

Altomonte

nobody else could have scored this goal - I fully agree! Seeing him probably losing the ballon d'or to Ronaldo is a disgrace.

Horatio

You're welcome
He's surely going to win it next year anyway. Keep this goalscoring going till the end of the season, he will end up topscorer in CL and possibly La Liga. Would seal it if Barca manages to win a prize or two.

Ritchie

He's surely going to win it next year anyway. Keep this goalscoring going till the end of the season, he will end up topscorer in CL and possibly La Liga. Would seal it if Barca manages to win a prize or two.

It's Ronaldo's next year as well with La Liga in the bag, possibly an unbeaten season and a stat pad at Confederations Cup. CL is his chance, but Real get all the luck with the draws and Messi is hampered by playing in a bad team. You can't win a CL without a midfield.

RevoTeller

It's Ronaldo's next year as well with La Liga in the bag, possibly an unbeaten season and a stat pad at Confederations Cup. CL is his chance, but Real get all the luck with the draws and Messi is hampered by playing in a bad team. You can't win a CL without a midfield.

Exactly.

GetIn

An absolute disgrace that CR7 even has CHANCE to end up with more Ballon D'or awards than Leo. The fact that he only won one during his peak years is a testament to Messi's greatness.

All of a sudden one voting extension and two fluke CLs later he is almost tied up. The past few seasons CR7 has become a complete poacher whereas Messi has become even more of a team player and yet their goal tallies are almost identical.

Messi should really have 7 Ballon D'ors at least by now (including 2016) whereas CR7 should have atmost 2, or perhaps 1 if not for Messi losing in the final of WC14.

I honestly don't give two damns about this glorified popularity contest, but a few generations from now, people will use it as a benchmark for footballing ability due to the lack of live action between the two. Thankfully there are more than enough comps on YouTube to put the 'debate' to rest.

Kerrybai

I don't see it happening, his goalscoring is taking a hit currently. I think Messi will have a much better season stats wise and I don't see Madrid doing a league CL double, the Confederations cup could be his chance though.

Home of Barca Fans