10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't sign up to this moral relativism either. Let's all start acting like animals then and abandon social contracts. See how would you like it.

Messi can be excused if the dealings were made through his dad. On other hand, if Leo was on top of this all then he should be held accountable.

Sorin

So, before he goes to jail...KdB + 200 millions for Messi? Would be satisfied with Sane + 250/300 million as well. :redbeard:

Hardy

can't believe what i'm reading, ok now legalize tax evasion and we are all fine :lol:

I have zero fucking solidarity for multi-billionaires who break the rules with tax, imagine in the case of Messi (if all this shit is true) considering the fact that he's recidivist.

Stoichkov1

I don't understand "I'm not hypocrite" or "pretending to be disgusted when in reality they would do the same" arguments.
Then why is this a subject at all? If everyone would do it, as you say, then this is not a problem. Iniesta should also do the same. In fact all Barca players should do it. Let the system rot to its core and collapse. And you know what will happen after that? You will be the first one to judge and say "I knew it", it's greed that caused all of that. At the moment you're justifying it because the consequences are not yet certain. As long as we get our dose of football fix, all is well. And when ship will begin to sink - bye, bye Barca, hello PSG.

Yes, I will take the moral high ground and judge the act of greed every time I see one. I will never take a peace with it, nor with any other bad behavior just because it fits the system. "Everyone is doing it" argument is just as dangerous or even more, as the actual act.

Now you will judge me for not accepting the greed and call me a hypocrite. That's the human condition. Total paradox. Let's laugh, lets be cynical. "Visca el Barca".

There's a big difference between south american players and european players.

South american players' families are generally speaking ineducated and greedy as hell and they would do everything possible to get more money. Neymar for example had to pay 45mil to the tax agency some time ago which is way more than the 21m euro fine that Messi had to pay.

serghei

Lots of players are cheating tax, but what makes this case even worse is that he used a charity foundation as a front company. That's low. It's worse enough to do it, but to even be cynical enough to do it while claiming to do charity acts is even worse.

M

MessiCam

can't believe what i'm reading, ok now legalize tax evasion and we are all fine :lol:

I have zero fucking solidarity for multi-billionaires who break the rules with tax, imagine in the case of Messi (if all this shit is true) considering the fact that he's recidivist.

Nobody said that. You’re going from one extreme to the other. Firstly as I said in my first post on the matter it is difficult to judge without a solid understanding of the relevant tax laws. Secondly are you sure a crime has even been committed?

Some of you already have the pitchforks out as if he has cost the club these millions.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Can't believe people here actually think Messi has anything to do with those shady deals and tax cheating cases tbh. The guy doesn't even know how to speak English, doesn't own a collection of super cars, buy an island nor date with several super models despite his money and fame for god sake. Instead he went for an ugly ordinary looking girl who is his childhood sweetheart and has a normal life. All he cares about is playing football and his family. How can you guys doubt such a human being? :shakeshead:

The one at fault here is his agent, his father, a greedy one who s been taking care of those paper stuffs.

I think we can probably excuse him for those earlier tax evasion charges when he was literally a teenager, but this latest schemes revealed were done in the last couple of years, don't tell me Messi in his late 20's had no idea what was going on with his wage, his foundation whatsoever.

Horatio

You're welcome
Can't believe people here actually think Messi has anything to do with those shady deals and tax cheating cases tbh. The guy doesn't even know how to speak English, doesn't own a collection of super cars, buy an island nor date with several super models despite his money and fame for god sake. Instead he went for an ugly ordinary looking girl who is his childhood sweetheart and has a normal life. All he cares about is playing football and his family. How can you guys doubt such a human being? :shakeshead:

The one at fault here is his agent, his father, a greedy one who s been taking care of those paper stuffs.

wat

Stoichkov1

I think we can probably excuse him for those earlier tax evasion charges when he was literally a teenager, but this latest schemes revealed were done in the last couple of years, don't tell me Messi in his late 20's had no idea what was going on with his wage, his foundation whatsoever.

I don't know, Messi seems really dumb. He has been living in Barcelona since he was 13 and he still can't speak catalan. I could be wrong though.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The only wrongdoing in this case is Leo, or his father most likely, insisting the club to compensate them for the 12 million back taxes. The rest of the investigation and article is surely hurtful for Messi's public image, but not illegal stuff. Expect to see some poor performances on the pitch by Leo the near future.

Also the part about our club making donations to the LMF without being taxed. Many people now question is the lmf is a genuine foundation of just a front to help evade taxes.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't understand "I'm not hypocrite" or "pretending to be disgusted when in reality they would do the same" arguments.
Then why is this a subject at all? If everyone would do it, as you say, then this is not a problem. Iniesta should also do the same. In fact all Barca players should do it. Let the system rot to its core and collapse. And you know what will happen after that? You will be the first one to judge and say "I knew it", it's greed that caused all of that. At the moment you're justifying it because the consequences are not yet certain. As long as we get our dose of football fix, all is well. And when ship will begin to sink - bye, bye Barca, hello PSG.

Yes, I will take the moral high ground and judge the act of greed every time I see one. I will never take a peace with it, nor with any other bad behavior just because it fits the system. "Everyone is doing it" argument is just as dangerous or even more, as the actual act.

Now you will judge me for not accepting the greed and call me a hypocrite. That's the human condition. Total paradox. Let's laugh, lets be cynical. "Visca el Barca".

Great post. Bravo!

At the end of day, visca el Barca.

FCBfan22

I think the most important thing is the question who is the chairman of LMF and to who does the account that might have been recieving payments from LMF belongs to.

If neither of those answers is Leo Messi, he can easily come out clean. If the answer is Leo Messi for both, it means that he knew exactly what he was doing and is a dirty little wanker.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think the most important thing is the question who is the chairman of LMF and to who does the account that might have been recieving payments from LMF belongs to.

If neither of those answers is Leo Messi, he can easily come out clean. If the answer is Leo Messi for both, it means that he knew exactly what he was doing and is a dirty little wanker.

True. They'd better provide everything on the LMF and come out clean, otherwise I am afraid this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back and the most damming thing that tarnishes Messi's reputation and his legacy.

Home of Barca Fans