17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    meeeh, not impressed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brutal as always, God help his opponents.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the second leg of the Copa del Rey against Celta Vigo, the Camp Nou witnessed an something that supporters haven't been used to seeing for a long time: Messi leaving the field of play because of the coach's decision before the hour mark.

He was replaced in the 59th minute by Ousmane Dembele, and the last time Messi left the pitch that early was on September 29, 2007 in the Ciutat de Valencia against Levante - 302 games ago.

On that occasion, Barcelona were already leading 4-0 and the Argentine had scored the fourth.

Immediately afterwards, Rijkaard decided to replace him with Gio dos Santos.

Since then, Messi has been replaced on the odd occasion before the 60th minute, but always because of an ailment or injury.
    http://www.marca.com/en/football/bar...4358b475c.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel we should ban marca after what they tried to do with those abidal comments and always (as now) trying to stirr up things and take away shine fromm Messi/Barca.
    6RACIES XAVI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These idiots can't even get the numbers right, he has played over 600 matches, how the hell would he have played only half of them since 2007 if he started in 2004

The real number is 524, but what could you expect from these clowns.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Givenchy View Post
    probably got bored being the best at everything so hes trying volleys next
    Not good enough for the ballon dor though.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last night once again reinforces why this special talent should be played as a False 9. He provides unparalleled vision and control when he drops into midfield as well as being a lethal finisher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should create a new language to talk about his achievements, because we've already used all the words in all current languages defining him.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Messi destroyed Celta in just 10-15 minutes of play. That's all it takes, he can walk the pitch for the rest of the game not getting involved at all and still MOTM. Genius!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, he's so good that watching him play every week is something that will never start feeling stale or normal. Even after watching more games with Messi than I would care to count, seeing him pull off one magic move after another never stops making my hair stand in awe. I keep thinking, as a viewer we have a birds-eye view of the pitch, and yet so many times when he picks out a pass or a through-ball it completely catches me by surprise. With this view I didn't see that there was even a window, yet he keeps finding it. Having this three dimensional vision and awareness of where everyone is while on the ground is incredible, let alone the ability to place the ball like he does. It's almost spooky.

It's a pretty special thing to be able to year after year completely baffle and amaze a fanbase like this, which must be one of the most spoiled in the world with regards to seeing quality and finesse on a weekly basis.

Matches like the one against Celta yesterday just further cements the fact that the Balon d'Or is as good an indicator of who is the best player in the world as who has the most Instagram followers. It has become utterly irrelevant.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MessiCam View Post
    Last night once again reinforces why this special talent should be played as a False 9. He provides unparalleled vision and control when he drops into midfield as well as being a lethal finisher.
    No it reinforces that Valverde knows how to use him despite a lot of shit that has been spoken.

There is no reason at all for him to go back to false nine in a 4-3-3.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we need to try 4231 with him as a 10.. but i feel like were already playing that formation because raki is playing closer to the center as a cdm along with busquets, while messi is right in front of them playing that #10 role

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaviniesta View Post
    we need to try 4231 with him as a 10.. but i feel like were already playing that formation because raki is playing closer to the center as a cdm along with busquets, while messi is right in front of them playing that #10 role
    I'd like this too. Messi needs to be in the thick of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just 10 goals from 600 now.

Also into the top 10 of all time in the Copa with 46 goals. Telmo Zarra with 81 goals will never be dethroned.