10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Xtroverto

These idiots can't even get the numbers right, he has played over 600 matches, how the hell would he have played only half of them since 2007 if he started in 2004 :facepalm:

The real number is 524, but what could you expect from these clowns.

M

MessiCam

Last night once again reinforces why this special talent should be played as a False 9. He provides unparalleled vision and control when he drops into midfield as well as being a lethal finisher.

Antimadridista1

We should create a new language to talk about his achievements, because we've already used all the words in all current languages defining him.

Windhook

Messi destroyed Celta in just 10-15 minutes of play. That's all it takes, he can walk the pitch for the rest of the game not getting involved at all and still MOTM. Genius!:worthy:

Kohe321

Yeah, he's so good that watching him play every week is something that will never start feeling stale or normal. Even after watching more games with Messi than I would care to count, seeing him pull off one magic move after another never stops making my hair stand in awe. I keep thinking, as a viewer we have a birds-eye view of the pitch, and yet so many times when he picks out a pass or a through-ball it completely catches me by surprise. With this view I didn't see that there was even a window, yet he keeps finding it. Having this three dimensional vision and awareness of where everyone is while on the ground is incredible, let alone the ability to place the ball like he does. It's almost spooky.

It's a pretty special thing to be able to year after year completely baffle and amaze a fanbase like this, which must be one of the most spoiled in the world with regards to seeing quality and finesse on a weekly basis.

Matches like the one against Celta yesterday just further cements the fact that the Balon d'Or is as good an indicator of who is the best player in the world as who has the most Instagram followers. It has become utterly irrelevant.

JamDav1982

Last night once again reinforces why this special talent should be played as a False 9. He provides unparalleled vision and control when he drops into midfield as well as being a lethal finisher.

No it reinforces that Valverde knows how to use him despite a lot of shit that has been spoken.

There is no reason at all for him to go back to false nine in a 4-3-3.

Xaviniesta

we need to try 4231 with him as a 10.. but i feel like were already playing that formation because raki is playing closer to the center as a cdm along with busquets, while messi is right in front of them playing that #10 role

M

MessiCam

we need to try 4231 with him as a 10.. but i feel like were already playing that formation because raki is playing closer to the center as a cdm along with busquets, while messi is right in front of them playing that #10 role

I'd like this too. Messi needs to be in the thick of it.

Kerrybai

Just 10 goals from 600 now.

Also into the top 10 of all time in the Copa with 46 goals. Telmo Zarra with 81 goals will never be dethroned.

Catta

If he wanted he could match that record in 2 seasons, just let him play against Spanish third tier teams and he will score at least 15 goals per season in the copa

Home of Barca Fans