10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Ritchie

No way... That won't happen... I bet million $$$

They've got a simple enough path to the quarters (go through with Spain and a winnable tie from Russia's group last 16). From then they just need more luck.

I wouldn't back to them to win it, but they've got a better chance than Argentina.

Giginho75

At least a top 3 player of all time ????

Who's ever been better since the game has begun ?

no doubt for me, he's the best ever or in the three best ever (with pele' and maradona)...

the continuity of leo never any player...
neither pele' and diego...

some people think that the difference is the world cup...
but what he won and mostly how he won with barca is under the eyes of everyone, something of not replicable...

how i always say...
i cannot imagine the football after the messi retire.

Last edited:

henias

I agree that Messi is slowing down physically and should be rested more especially in the Copa, but isn't it a bit dramatic to say his legacy has been destroyed in the past few years? No matter what happens from now until his retirement he has secured himself a spot as at least a top 3 player of all time.

It's not that dramatic or that far-fetched from what he's saying though. Messi just isn't in the most favourable condition, His legacy isnt destroyed but Ronaldo's look to sustain for more years while Messi's is likely to falter as he become older. Even if Ronaldo isn't in the best of form, he has a strong backing behind his back. Messi's team on the other hand is holding him back while he's at his peaks.

From 2008 till 2012 everybody swarm from him. They said he will be easily the best ever. After 2012 only in 2015 everybody swarm about Messi.

Nothanks

4-4-2 just doesn't work when he doesn't have quality players around him

luis suarez is too slow to chase down throughballs
denis suarez and rakitic out wide don't help.. they stay in teh edge of the box or behind messi all the time.. what is that going to do to help when all they do is halfheartedly cross into the box?

and paulinho is only good inside the box, outside it he's also useless.

alba, busquets and roberto seem to be the only ones who can link up with messi

Home of Barca Fans