10 - Lionel Messi - v5

henias

I like this guy's and MagicalMessi's videos on Messi the best since they don't cut off half the clip by using those black bars at the top and bottom of the clips, don't play shitty EDM over the video and keep the editing simple.

This guy is the OG man, has been making videos since 5-6 years back, and is the biggest Messi/Barcelona channel on Youtube thus far. What he has and other channels doesnt have is exclusive Messi clips and VIP camera; he has loads of them and many of them are super high quality. Like that young Messi clips from the start of the video, I swear I have never even seen some of them until now. :D

Mitchell1978

Messi wins the IFFHS award for the World's Best Playmaker for the third consecutive year.

He now has 3 of these titles in total, one ahead of Iniesta's 2 and one behind Xavi's 4.

http://iffhs.de/worlds-best-playmaker-2017-one-lionel-messi/

He also won his 3e World's Top division (league) goalscorer.

http://iffhs.de/the-worlds-best-top-division-goal-scorer-2017-lionel-messis-third-award/

Only Messi can be the top goalscorer and the top playmaker at the same time.

He also has 2 Top International Goalscorer awards.

Last edited:

Ritchie

I don't doubt that, quite a few of them look a shadow of their former selves, most who were involved in the treble winning team, but a Messi in 'beast mode' gives any team a fighting chance, problem is he's just not got it in him these days to do it on a regular basis.

Had the Messi that turned up against Real Madrid turned up against Juve, they'd have lost. He made a mockery of them that night, against Juve he seemed to just drop deep and lacked the same hunger to go on and take the game to the Juventus defence. Real Madrid were brave enough to prove they aren't impenetrable, shame we weren't.

Messi can only produce the odd game like Real now. Look how much that Ecuador game took out of him. It doesn't help either that Messi doesn't sit out games and has used up too much energy in the worthless Copa Del Ray marathon of January and Feb and then is burnt out by March and burnt out by having to carry an attack and a non-existent midfield.

He's in his 30s and slowing down. He needs to be facilitated by his team mates but instead they're increasingly relying on him to create everything and score most of the goals. On the other hand Ronaldo has had his team mates setting him up for easy chances every week and able to shoot from all angles.

The decline of Barca, the state of Argentina and Portugal's fluke has destroyed his legacy.

If you stuck him in that Man City team or PSG and the burden would be off him and he could link up with great players again. Or just swap him with Ronaldo and watch what he could do with Real while Penaldo turns into Luis Suarez.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

Messi can only produce the odd game like Real now. Look how much that Ecuador game took out of him. It doesn't help either that Messi doesn't sit out games and has used up too much energy in the worthless Copa Del Ray marathon of January and Feb and then is burnt out by March and burnt out by having to carry an attack and a non-existent midfield.

He's in his 30s and slowing down. He needs to be facilitated by his team mates but instead they're increasingly relying on him to create everything and score most of the goals. On the other hand Ronaldo has had his team mates setting him up for easy chances every week and able to shoot from all angles.

The decline of Barca, the state of Argentina and Portugal's fluke has destroyed his legacy.

If you stuck him in that Man City team or PSG and the burden would be off him and he could link up with great players again. Or just swap him with Ronaldo and watch what he could do with Real while Penaldo turns into Luis Suarez.
Messi’s legacy is safe and secure. Your obsession with him winning individual awards vs Ronaldo, on the other hand, is nonsensical. Messi shouldered a lot of responsibility even during the Pep glory years and no matter where he goes he will continue to. That’s just his game and he thrives on it...

The only issue I have now is not so much the squad because I think that will be fixed soon but rather this mediocre coach not using him and those around him correctly. Barça are capable of much more with what they have than Valverde has shown which is a shame.

But, yes, we know this Barça squad is average but we also know that Messi has decided to stay and facilitate a rebuild. He is not a fame whore...

I agree that Messi is slowing down physically and should be rested more especially in the Copa, but isn't it a bit dramatic to say his legacy has been destroyed in the past few years? No matter what happens from now until his retirement he has secured himself a spot as at least a top 3 player of all time.

Raki13

I agree that Messi is slowing down physically and should be rested more especially in the Copa, but isn't it a bit dramatic to say his legacy has been destroyed in the past few years? No matter what happens from now until his retirement he has secured himself a spot as at least a top 3 player of all time.

At least a top 3 player of all time ????

Who's ever been better since the game has begun ?

At least a top 3 player of all time ????

Who's ever been better since the game has begun ?

He's the greatest of all time in my opinion, but other people don't share the same sentiment and think Pele and/or Maradona were better. At this point Messi's cemented himself as at the very least a top 3 player of all time in the eyes of most of the general public. If he carries Argentina to a World Cup next year I think he becomes the unanimous GOAT,

Raki13

He's the greatest of all time in my opinion, but other people don't share the same sentiment and think Pele and/or Maradona were better. At this point Messi's cemented himself as at the very least a top 3 player of all time in the eyes of most of the general public. If he carries Argentina to a World Cup next year I think he becomes the unanimous GOAT,

Most big names in the world of football past and present know he's the greatest theres ever been. Nobody has ever shown consistently and at the top level that Messi has done . Who cares what the liberal pansies in the media say , the facts and video evidence will be there forever.

Ritchie

I mean relative to Ronaldo in terms of perception. Especially if Ronaldo makes it 6-5 next year and wins more Champions Leagues and perhaps even a World Cup because everything seems to go his way in the end.

Messi should be on the podium with Maradona and Pele for the best ever player (and have 7 or 8 ballon d'ors) but instead history will compare him more to that prancing shit as to who was the best.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans