10 - Lionel Messi - v5

henias

Out of those, only Rakitic is a starter for us

Otherwise you should compare Gomes Alcacer, Denis with
Granero, Antiltop, Lassana Diarra, Callejon

Gomes was a regular player for us especially in the CL and Arda was a backup during 2015/16. If u talk about squad depth, we lack that alot, relying on the same few old players will certainly backfire. U are doomed when these players get injured or are out of form.

M

MessiCam

No it did not, Ronaldo had by far the best stats in 2013, unlike this year, so not the same at all.

You're taking the full calendar year into consideration. For Ballon D'Or purposes you work until the voting closes... Messi and Ronaldo were neck and neck in terms of scoring until his injury but Messi was slightly ahead because he'd won La Liga and Ronaldo nothing. Then FIFA decided to not only extend the voting but allow those who've voted already to change their votes. Ronaldo when on a scoring spree during this period for club and country... That's what got him the Ballon D'Or.

RMU ReBorn

Out of those, only Rakitic is a starter for us

Otherwise you should compare Gomes Alcacer, Denis with
Granero, Antiltop, Lassana Diarra, Callejon
ok let's compare Alba with Marcelo . Carvajhal with Roberto /semedo , 33 year old Iniesta , paulinho with prime Ozil and Alonso . out of form suarez compared to prime Benzema and Di maria ...

Pique on current form is not better than Redmos of 2011

Ripsta

I also think he made the wrong decision staying here.

That won't go down to well, and I love the loyalty, but for the sake of his own legacy it'll continue to stagnate till the rest of the squad is improved.

This year Brazil look like favourites to win the WC and PSG are in the running for the CL, Neymar's turn for the Ballon d'Or isn't far off. Unless the board invest heavy, Messi is either sticking on equal terms with Cristiano or losing out when Real take a no shit approach and get Ronaldo his last award.

xXKonan

DQinuX8WAAE-Zj6.jpg

Leo took the team to his restaurant today.

Missing: Vidal,Jasper,Gomes and Rakitic.

henias

Barcelona definitely took a turn for the very worst, subpar tactics, no squad depth, the fact that Messi stills carries and sticks with Barcelona till this very day shows how magnanimous and loyal he is. It's hard not to differentiate his sheer greatness among his rest, even with teammates being stripped off the great team it once was, only one thing stays constant. One man. Yet this board constantly burns him out and not provide him the ideal constituents needed to further cement his living legacy. It's agonising to watch him lose out to the most unworthy rival time after time. As much as I love Barcelona, it's unfair for a player of his calibre so much so I wish he hadnt signed that contract. We are bringing him down with us.

Last edited:

Devils

Nice pic of the team.

Everyone looks good minus Deu who showed up to a dinner wearing sweatpants SMH.

upriser7

First post in this forum..I am a United fan. I used to hate Messi initially(mainly during 2008,09 period due to Ronaldo comparisons and moreover I wasn't watching much of LaLiga back then...so I used to just buy narrative that Messi can't play in other leagues etc etc). Once I started following LaLiga, I kinda realized that Leo is far ahead of anyone else and I started admiring him. I started watching most of Barca matches just to follow Leo and I just started loving him more with each and every match. Realized he is once in a lifetime player.
tbh, I am kinda feeling sad over Ronaldo's recent BallonD'or win..I have been wondering how future generations will think of both Leo and CR...I wouldn't really have a problem if it was someone on similar level as Leo but if anyone watches both of them play, it's pretty clear that Leo is far ahead of CR...but still it kinda sucks that people still have this debate.

M

MessiCam

First post in this forum..I am a United fan. I used to hate Messi initially(mainly during 2008,09 period due to Ronaldo comparisons and moreover I wasn't watching much of LaLiga back then...so I used to just buy narrative that Messi can't play in other leagues etc etc). Once I started following LaLiga, I kinda realized that Leo is far ahead of anyone else and I started admiring him. I started watching most of Barca matches just to follow Leo and I just started loving him more with each and every match. Realized he is once in a lifetime player.
tbh, I am kinda feeling sad over Ronaldo's recent BallonD'or win..I have been wondering how future generations will think of both Leo and CR...I wouldn't really have a problem if it was someone on similar level as Leo but if anyone watches both of them play, it's pretty clear that Leo is far ahead of CR...but still it kinda sucks that people still have this debate.
It’s because people just look at the goals scored. Nothing you can do about that really. Ronaldo is an amazing goal scorer.

JamDav1982

It’s because people just look at the goals scored. Nothing you can do about that really. Ronaldo is an amazing goal scorer.

It is when those goals are scored as well.

While despite people trying to ignore it Ronaldo gets a lot of assists as well and was second to Neymar in CL assists as well as being top scorer.

Pure ability on the ball Ronaldo probably not even in top 50 odd in world right now but off the ball never seen anything like him.

[youtube]Hhr9fsrvUEo[/youtube]

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

I like this guy's and MagicalMessi's videos on Messi the best since they don't cut off half the clip by using those black bars at the top and bottom of the clips, don't play shitty EDM over the video and keep the editing simple.

Zincubus

Banned
Is it true that they 'extended' the voting date which apparently benefitted Ronaldo ( Portugal )
The worst part is that with there is every chance that Ronaldo will win at least another World Player award albeit undeservedly like the last couple

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans