User Tag List

Page 518 of 1052 FirstFirst ... 184184685085165175185195205285686181018 ... LastLast
Results 7,756 to 7,770 of 15772

Thread: 10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barca83 View Post
    It's not the truth though. Messi won it in 2010 and 2012 without CL. Ronaldo won it in 2013 over Ribery without CL and won it in 2016 mostly due to Euros win. This is literally the first year that the CL is the deciding factor.

The team's only "downfall" was last season and we were still extremely close to Madrid who also benefited from a lot of luck and late winners. The previous year (15-16) I thought we were better than the treble season apart from that 3 week period in April that cost us everything. Overall, I don't think you can really make a case for Ronaldo having better teammates over his career than Messi.
    I think it goes to the most popular player that wins the biggest trophy. But the player needs to be popular and hyped by media. Thats why a Ribery or Sneijder didnt win. If for example Real win cl again it goesto Ronaldo again its that simple. If Bayern win it goes to lewa (unless he is completely invisible). If France win the wc it goes to Pogba, same with psg/Brazil for Neymar.

But if for example Germany or Spain win the wc it wont be 100% that one of their players win. Unless they start a campaign for you like canavarro or what they tried with buffon last year.
    Even if for example Real win cl and Spain win the wc it wont go to Isco/Ramos but to Ronaldo again due to his popularity.

At this point its known as the messi vs ronaldo award. So they will be compared first and it goes to either of then depending on the year unless a popular player wins something more prestige.

2013 was a total fraud year where Ronaldo got it out of pity. 2010 Messi would not have won it in the current (old) system. 2012 they got a campaign going based on his 91 goals.
    All the other years cl already sealed it for Ronaldo.
    Last edited by raskolnikov; 8th December 2017 at 07:38 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really dont get this "2013 was so undeserved"-thing.
    You say that Messi was better individually this year than Ronaldo, and i dont disagree, but by the same standard, Ronaldo clearly had the best individual year in 2013(Messi being injuried).
    Ribery had a great season and plenty of team sucess, but he didnt actually have a better year individually. Ronaldo had his best calendar year ever in 2013, scoring 69 goals.

If you go by individual > team sucess standard, 2013 was his most deserving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    I really dont get this "2013 was so undeserved"-thing.
    You say that Messi was better individually this year than Ronaldo, and i dont disagree, but by the same standard, Ronaldo clearly had the best individual year in 2013(Messi being injuried).
    Ribery had a great season and plenty of team sucess, but he didnt actually have a better year individually. Ronaldo had his best calendar year ever in 2013, scoring 69 goals.

If you go by individual > team sucess standard, 2013 was his most deserving.
    Typed out a bbz type response but the site logged me out so im very pissed about it now.
    I will sum it up quickly 2013= Ronaldo highs odds in summer, Blatter joke, campaign by Madrid media with everyone crying about it, extended voting to help him win by fifa, a feeling of pity to being second to Messi for years being the concensus = most disgracefull award.
    Dont let the revisiosm that he is equal to Messi and better in recent years pull the wool over your eyes.
    6RACIES XAVI

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raskolnikov View Post
    Typed out a bbz type response but the site logged me out so im very pissed about it now.
    I will sum it up quickly 2013= Ronaldo highs odds in summer, Blatter joke, campaign by Madrid media with everyone crying about it, extended voting to help him win by fifa, a feeling of pity to being second to Messi for years being the concensus = most disgracefull award.
    Dont let the revisiosm that he is equal to Messi and better in recent years pull the wool over your eyes.

Its almost like you didnt read what i just wrote, oh well.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You sure it was the site?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    You sure it was the site?
    Probably since I took to long to type it on my phone.
    I take it to stop procrastinating and get on with the day.
    6RACIES XAVI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its almost like you didnt read what i just wrote, oh well.
    You could argue he deserves it, despite it going against all logic from the years before/after. But the fraudulant way it was won throws huge shade on it. Imagine if Qatar won the wc bid the way it did over Somalia and England (hypothetically at war). You could argue they deserve it but the way its won ruins it completely.
    6RACIES XAVI

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could argue he deserves it, despite it going against all logic from the years before/after. But the fraudulant way it was won throws huge shade on it. Imagine if Qatar won the wc bid the way it did over Somalia and England (hypothetically at war). You could argue they deserve it but the way its won ruins it completely.
    In 2013? For sure, i do think he deserved it.
    One of his most deserving ones, in my opinion, though most people seem to think his best individual year as a player was somehow his least deserving one.
    It is what it is, i guess.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think all the Ballon dors that have been given are well deserved

Ronaldo deserves this one for his impeccable performances in the toughest UCL games
    Romans 1:19-20
    Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably since I took to long to type it on my phone.
    I take it to stop procrastinating and get on with the day.
    I was trying to insert a BBZ joke.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    I was trying to insert a BBZ joke.
    And then you realized that it doesn't exist?
    Romans 1:19-20
    Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gasgas View Post
    And then you realized that it doesn't exist?
    No.

MessiCam
    In 2013? For sure, i do think he deserved it.
    One of his most deserving ones, in my opinion, though most people seem to think his best individual year as a player was somehow his least deserving one.
    It is what it is, i guess.
    The 2013 Ballon D'Or played out similar to this one... Messi carried over his 2012 form into the 2013 year despite having various muscle injuries while Ronaldo was just meandering along but setting the Champions League alight. It was his 2013/14 Champions League group stage goals (10) as well as that Portugal performance that sent him to the top of votes after the voting extension at exactly the same time Messi was nursing his injury.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MessiCam View Post
    The 2013 Ballon D'Or played out similar to this one... Messi carried over his 2012 form into the 2013 year despite having various muscle injuries while Ronaldo was just meandering along but setting the Champions League alight. It was his 2013/14 Champions League group stage goals (10) as well as that Portugal performance that sent him to the top of votes after the voting extension at exactly the same time Messi was nursing his injury.
    No it did not, Ronaldo had by far the best stats in 2013, unlike this year, so not the same at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason why Messi get the Ballon dor in 2010 and 2012 without winning the Cl, was outstanding performances nearly in every matches. These days he has those performances only in every sixth or seven matches. The only player who come close to him was Ronaldo but he didnt win the CL, so Messi was easily the best player. In 2013 the ballon dor for ROnaldo was deserved cause he scored like crazy in that year. At the end of that year his performances becomme outstanding like against Juve, Real sociedad, Sweden etc. RIbery was also good that year but far away from Ronaldos level.

Its ridicilous why Messi was so bad for his standards in 2013-2014. Does anyone know the reason ?