10 - Lionel Messi - v5

raskolnikov

Its almost like you didnt read what i just wrote, oh well.
You could argue he deserves it, despite it going against all logic from the years before/after. But the fraudulant way it was won throws huge shade on it. Imagine if Qatar won the wc bid the way it did over Somalia and England (hypothetically at war). You could argue they deserve it but the way its won ruins it completely.

Morten

You could argue he deserves it, despite it going against all logic from the years before/after. But the fraudulant way it was won throws huge shade on it. Imagine if Qatar won the wc bid the way it did over Somalia and England (hypothetically at war). You could argue they deserve it but the way its won ruins it completely.

In 2013? For sure, i do think he deserved it.
One of his most deserving ones, in my opinion, though most people seem to think his best individual year as a player was somehow his least deserving one.
It is what it is, i guess.

gasgas

I think all the Ballon dors that have been given are well deserved

Ronaldo deserves this one for his impeccable performances in the toughest UCL games

M

MessiCam

In 2013? For sure, i do think he deserved it.
One of his most deserving ones, in my opinion, though most people seem to think his best individual year as a player was somehow his least deserving one.
It is what it is, i guess.

The 2013 Ballon D'Or played out similar to this one... Messi carried over his 2012 form into the 2013 year despite having various muscle injuries while Ronaldo was just meandering along but setting the Champions League alight. It was his 2013/14 Champions League group stage goals (10) as well as that Portugal performance that sent him to the top of votes after the voting extension at exactly the same time Messi was nursing his injury.

Morten

The 2013 Ballon D'Or played out similar to this one... Messi carried over his 2012 form into the 2013 year despite having various muscle injuries while Ronaldo was just meandering along but setting the Champions League alight. It was his 2013/14 Champions League group stage goals (10) as well as that Portugal performance that sent him to the top of votes after the voting extension at exactly the same time Messi was nursing his injury.

No it did not, Ronaldo had by far the best stats in 2013, unlike this year, so not the same at all.

The reason why Messi get the Ballon dor in 2010 and 2012 without winning the Cl, was outstanding performances nearly in every matches. These days he has those performances only in every sixth or seven matches. The only player who come close to him was Ronaldo but he didnt win the CL, so Messi was easily the best player. In 2013 the ballon dor for ROnaldo was deserved cause he scored like crazy in that year. At the end of that year his performances becomme outstanding like against Juve, Real sociedad, Sweden etc. RIbery was also good that year but far away from Ronaldos level.

Its ridicilous why Messi was so bad for his standards in 2013-2014. Does anyone know the reason ?

RMU ReBorn

yet the league title went to the final day of the season and we got 4 points from the clasicos, we're now 8 points ahead this season and finished top of our group.

Messi had far better players alongside him from 09-12, so should those not count either?
Yes Messi had better players but the difference is penaldo won't do a shit with current Barca side . Madrid during that era had an inform Di maria one of the best Dm-Alonso add to that Ramos , Peak Ozil , Casillas , Marcelo and managers like Mou and Ancelotti .. :) .. if performance throughout the year was the criteria Messi should have won it ever year except 2008 and 2014 .

Last edited:

RMU ReBorn

The reason why Messi get the Ballon dor in 2010 and 2012 without winning the Cl, was outstanding performances nearly in every matches. These days he has those performances only in every sixth or seven matches. The only player who come close to him was Ronaldo but he didnt win the CL, so Messi was easily the best player. In 2013 the ballon dor for ROnaldo was deserved cause he scored like crazy in that year. At the end of that year his performances becomme outstanding like against Juve, Real sociedad, Sweden etc. RIbery was also good that year but far away from Ronaldos level.

Its ridicilous why Messi was so bad for his standards in 2013-2014. Does anyone know the reason ?
He was injured for the most part of the season . He was only half fit going in to wc

gasgas

Yes Messi had better players but the difference is penaldo won't do a shit with current Barca side . Madrid during that era had an inform Di maria one of the best Dm-Alonso add to that Ramos , Peak Ozil , Casillas , Marcelo and managers like Mou and Ancelotti .. :) .. if performance throughout the year was the criteria Messi should have won it ever year except 2008 and 2014 .

We don't really know that

RMU ReBorn

We don't really know that
I don't care about what you know . i was replying to the one who said Messi had better teammates during that phase . That guy clearly doesn't have a idea about how good was Alonso , Di maria , Ozil were once comparing them with Rakitic , Gomes , Alacacer , Dennis is blasphemy

gasgas

I don't care about what you know . i was replying to the one who said Messi had better teammates during that phase . That guy clearly doesn't have a idea about how good was Alonso , Di maria , Ozil were once comparing them with Rakitic , Gomes , Alacacer , Dennis is blasphemy

Out of those, only Rakitic is a starter for us

Otherwise you should compare Gomes Alcacer, Denis with
Granero, Antiltop, Lassana Diarra, Callejon

Home of Barca Fans