10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Does anyone know the Contract conditions? Can Messi leave to Rosario when he wants for free?

I don't think he can leave until his contract expires at the end of the 2020-2021 season. Until then any team that wants him has to pay his 700m release clause, which I highly doubt is going to happen, nor do I expect Messi wanting out in that same period.

We have him for 3 more seasons after this one. 3 seasons to attract players and build a WC class team to ease Messi's inevitable departure /decline. Messi bought Barto a life line, now it's time for Barto to build a CL contender around him.

Devils

Does anyone know the Contract conditions? Can Messi leave to Rosario when he wants for free?

No, his buyout must be met.

Also I'm sure that towards the end of this contract he will be renewed on the same Lifetime contract Iniesta is on.

Pedro

La Masia
He's in decline as shown by recent games, so it's nothing big him extending, we need to look for new young players to take his spot.

JamDav1982

I feel so bad for him, he used to look left and saw Xavi there, now hes gonna see Paulinho, how do you even pass the ball to that, please City just trigger his release clause, its actually really low for this market, I just want the best for him.

You did say you wanted him at City you pleb.

Now its a 'sad day' he has renewed and you claim in other posts you cant wait to see Barca get beat.

Pleb.

ManusXavi

He's in decline as shown by recent games, so it's nothing big him extending, we need to look for new young players to take his spot.
Fatigue, not decline.
As long as the explosiveness acceleration remains, he will continue to have defenders for lunch. I don't see an explosive decline until 35+. His short legs help with that.
Edit: We now have our Suarez replacement in a season or two -> Messi. Get players who can run down the wings and put Messi in the centre.

Last edited:

clemente

Haha 'sad day' he signs new contract and have said shit in past about looking forward to Barca getting beat.

Fucking moron.

Stupid idiot will see what he wants to see, nobody wants Messi to leave or Barca to lose, that's just a fight with Barto, you blind fuck can't see where this club is heading, as long as we get the 2-0 results you think everything is ok, this contract extension just confirms that this club will go down fast in the future.

wisconsincule

All you losers who said you wanted him to leave. . . Fuck you :) but honestly this is great news. All of the twitter jargon had pointed to this the past couple weeks.. I was listening to sky sports revista La Liga and Ballague had been saying he was 100% staying for a while now. Tier 1 when it comes to transfer news?? :crbust:

JamDav1982

Tbf he said he wanted the best for Messi, not that he wanted Messi to leave personally.

He said he wanted City to trigger the clause and for him to move to City. That is his personal opinion and wants wht he thinks is 'best for Messi' at expense of club anyway.

Now its a 'sad day' he signs new contract.

Home of Barca Fans