10 - Lionel Messi - v5

JamDav1982

It’s Valverde’s fault that both Semedo and Alba are isolated because he persists with these narrow 2 striker systems. Messi will never play on the wing again because his drifting centrally causes a defensive nightmare. Valverde moved him to a False 9 in the beginning to avoid that issue and it worked wonderfully. When it became apparent that Suárez couldn’t play as a wide forward he changed it to accommodate Suárez and in the process sacrificing Messi who is playing deeper and deeper as the games go by. This is where we’re at at the moment.

Alba is probably more involved in final third and creating chances than he ever has been at Barca. He isnot isolated and even yesterday had more 'key passes' than any other player in Barca side.

Semedo is just not yet showing enough going forward but excuse after excuse is getting made for him from rubbish about 'rhythm' and folk blaming Valverde.

Alba and Roberto at RB have been two of Barcas more involved players in final third. Even Digne comes in and looks dangerous in final third and involved in goals etc.

Semedo needs to show more quality on the ball. Hopefully it is just his confidence at new club.

ASordidGod

I love Messi so much, but I wish just once he'd run into space on the break rather than coming short and slowing the move down. Admittedly a huge part of this is a lack of trust in his team mates, and I sympathise with that I really do (I feel like screaming watching Suarez misplace yet another simple pass, so I can only imagine how frustrated he must feel), but there were at least 3 or 4 occasions yesterday during last 15 mins or so where if he makes the run he's clean through.

M

MessiCam

Alba is probably more involved in final third and creating chances than he ever has been at Barca. He isnot isolated and even yesterday had more 'key passes' than any other player in Barca side.

Semedo is just not yet showing enough going forward but excuse after excuse is getting made for him from rubbish about 'rhythm' and folk blaming Valverde.

Alba and Roberto at RB have been two of Barcas more involved players in final third. Even Digne comes in and looks dangerous in final third and involved in goals etc.

Semedo needs to show more quality on the ball. Hopefully it is just his confidence at new club.
What game were you watching. Semedo and Alba got no assistance in the final third yesterday... None! Alba made maybe 1 or 2 key passes in the final third but he was fantastic in defense. He won a lot of tackles.

JamDav1982

What game were you watching. Semedo and Alba got no assistance in the final third yesterday... None! Alba made maybe 1 or 2 key passes in the final third but he was fantastic in defense. He won a lot of tackles.

The game yesterday where Alba got the most key passes and was involved in final third as has been all season.

You just spout rubbish as usual and try to claim it is all on Valverde why full backs are isolated when virtually all the other full backs bar Semedo have been involved a lot in the final third.

Go on and tell me how Paco is playing RM again..... you dont have a clue about how the team lines up.

Stegen

Semedo-Pique-Umtiti-Alba

Roberto-Busquets-Iniesta(rotating regularly with Alena)

Dembele-Messi-Denis

I believe this should be our lineup when everyone returns to full health. This makes the most the sense to me and it seems pretty obvious too. That just means it's even more unlikely that Valverde is going to try it out.

The coward Valverde will keep trying to shoehorn a fat Suarez and incapacitated Rakitic into the lineup based on their seniority and status at the club alone.

JamDav1982

Stegen

Semedo-Pique-Umtiti-Alba

Roberto-Busquets-Iniesta(rotating regularly with Alena)

Dembele-Messi-Denis

I believe this should be our lineup when everyone returns to full health. This makes the most the sense to me and it seems pretty obvious too. That just means it's even more unlikely that Valverde is going to try it out.

The coward Valverde will keep trying to shoehorn a fat Suarez and incapacitated Rakitic into the lineup based on their seniority and status at the club alone.

Haha 'coward'.

M

MessiCam

The game yesterday where Alba got the most key passes and was involved in final third as has been all season.

You just spout rubbish as usual and try to claim it is all on Valverde why full backs are isolated when virtually all the other full backs bar Semedo have been involved a lot in the final third.

Go on and tell me how Paco is playing RM again..... you dont have a clue about how the team lines up.
You’re the clown talking shit. Alba had 2 key passes. It’s glaringly obvious to everybody that isn’t but kissing Valverde that his tactics are a problem. How often did Semedo make a run upfield only to run into a brick wall because there was no assistance. Semedo played higher up than Alba too.

You’re going on ignore. Goodbye.

JamDav1982

You’re the clown talking shit. Alba had 2 key passes. It’s glaringly obvious to everybody that isn’t but kissing Valverde that his tactic should are a problem. How often did Semedo make a run upfield only to run into a brick wall because there was no assistance. Semedo played higher up than Alba too.

You’re going on ignore. Goodbye.

Haha your the clown that claims Paco was RM vs Sevilla and argues it to death then links an article saying Messi played behind him and Suarez.

Good ignore clown.

BusiTheKing

He's in quite bad shape physically, I think. Every time he takes a big sprint or something, you see him bending over with his hands on his knees for a few seconds. He still looks pretty explosive but seriously lacks stamina.

Nothanks

I don't think its bad shape, just fatigue..
in the beginning of the season he was motivated and had rest.

when the argentina fiasco happened where they nearly missed the world cup, he burnt himself out.. even last week just playing that friendly and flying from one side of the world to another is burning him out.
he is also holding back to save energy for the next game so i would assume he is playing close to 80% of what he can actually play if rested.

which brings the argument that he needs to sit the bench one or two games every once in a while but we depend on messi so much it's freighting to see what happens if he sits out
hopefully the small winterbreak would be good for him and he'll be more sharp for the second half of the season.

his world cup qualifiers where practically finals to him.

Home of Barca Fans