10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Ripsta

Got a horrible feeling Messi won't win it again.

The current side are a shambles, Real Madrid have quality all over the pitch and Ronaldo prospers from him regardless of his form.

He'll need to do something very special in the World Cup to have a chance next year.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He'll win it as long as Real Madrid don't win the CL and we take La Liga.

The problem obviously is that this Real Madrid team still got 2-3 more years at their very best while we cannot even sign a quality midfielder to help the team.

I would not bet against Madrid doing a 3-peat.

denn

Next year Neymar can easily win. He'll get Ligue 1 and then we have World Cup. Who ever wins that, he's miles closer to Ballon.

Windhook

I feel the same way - Real Madrid has the quality to win CL at least one more time with this generation of players, few corners or Kroos/Isco crosses inside the area could secure their glory without much effort, while we lose another battle with Atletico Madrid in 1/4 finals.

henias

Dont even worry about Ronaldo, even P$G seems more likely now. And with the World Cup and a strong Brazil, Neymoney may win it.

DonAK

I see Real Madrid being knocked out by an English team. But same goes for Barca lol.

I see only Man City capable of beating them, and that only if their defence holds up.

Mourinho will make his own grave with his defensive tactics playing into Madrid's hands.

And the less said about Conte's record in the CL the better.

sickstar

Bayern actually didn’t fail miserably. They were very much in that tie until Vidal was incorrectly sent off. What happened then was Ronaldo scored 2 offside goals in extra time, the first of which was quite blatant.

Overall the refereeing in both legs was shocking.

Madrid were extremely lucky last season in both La Liga and the Champions League.

Well a fact is a fact. When you look at the result, everyone that didn't watch the matches will conclude that Ronaldo clearly shines. I'm not even aware the last person who could score so many goals at two-leg knockout, especially against a team like Bayern.

It's like fate. Just as Portugal winning euro when not even Ronaldo participate in it's final. Who could've guess?

Also Messi failed in major finals in a row. I'm not sure whether it is pure zero luck or just a form of fate. It's like messi' luck has gone to Ronaldo. Lol.

Hopefully, this year it'll shift back to him.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

I see only Man City capable of beating them, and that only if their defence holds up.

Mourinho will make his own grave with his defensive tactics playing into Madrid's hands.

And the less said about Conte's record in the CL the better.

City? They're not Champions League material yet. This current City side will stutter in La Liga against more technical opposition the way I see it.

I'm really struggling to see what everybody is fawning over in terms of City... They've been tested by only 1 high calibre side in Napoli, maybe Chelsea too, and they didn't come out smelling of roses but because they play the Pep brand and really thump the minnows they're supposedly the next best thing to sliced bread. They're also a team that will give you chances to score.

:thinking:

clemente

City? They're not Champions League material yet. This current City side will stutter in La Liga against more technical opposition the way I see it.

I'm really struggling to see what everybody is fawning over in terms of City... They've been tested by only 1 high calibre side in Napoli, maybe Chelsea too, and they didn't come out smelling of roses but because they play the Pep brand and really thump the minnows they're supposedly the next best thing to sliced bread. They're also a team that will give you chances to score.

Their bench would be starters in our team, how the fuck are they not Champions league material yet

barcafan161

not CL material? cmon. They have maybe one of the deepest benches in european football. They should fancy their chances against anybody over two legs. They should be legit contenders this year.

check their defensive record this year. Much improved

M

MessiCam

Their bench would be starters in our team, how the fuck are they not Champions league material yet

In terms of bench players. Who? Gundogan... Toure (been there done that)... Delph... GTFOH.

We'll just have to wait and see how far City get in the Champions League. My guess is quarters.

Instead of looking at scorelines and lineups I suggest actually watching City. They will give you opportunities. They are very pleasing on the eye I admit but quality opposition can beat them.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
In terms of bench players. Who? Gundogan... Toure (been there done that)... Delph... GTFOH.

We'll just have to wait and see how far City get in the Champions League. My guess is quarters.

Instead of looking at scorelines and lineups I suggest actually watching City. They will give you opportunities. They are very pleasing on the eye I admit but quality opposition can beat them.

Would be sweet if Pep gets a revenge for his schooling by Real in CL ever since he left Barca..... And then get eliminated in Quarters please

DonAK

They absolutely destroyed Napoli before they got complacent and allowed them back in the game. So they need to work on that.

Dominated the Chelsea game apart from the opening 20-30 minutes too.

Obviously they will give you some chances to score which is why I said they are the only English team who stand a chance if they defend well. If you don't think they've been impressive or got a balanced team then you haven't watched them enough. No one said they're the best thing since sliced bread either, you're the one jumping to conclusions for some reason.

Would be sweet if Pep gets a revenge for his schooling by Real in CL ever since he left Barca..... And then get eliminated in Quarters please

You guys ought to stop being so butthurt about him leaving this club years back.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans