10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Galning

Hopefully before the end of the year :lol: I hope so too mate because January 1st he can sign a precontract with any team out there without Barça's permission.

Alik

Wtf? That is just so strange. Why the hell are they taking months to take a bloody photograph??

There is clearly something strange going on.

Galning

It's best not to believe anything Bartomeu says. He's been saying for months Messi signed his contract already, got called out for it this summer that it wasn't the case, and quickly changed his narrative to "his father signed".

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
His father signed both the image rights and employement contract, however until Messi signs the employment one, it's still not valid.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
But seriously, that's what Xavi Torres claimed and was corroborated on Catalunya Radio yesterday or the day before.

They claimed Messi could still leave, but that he wouldn't as Barça will own his image rights or 40-50% of it.

And that Messi still need to sign his contract for it to be ratified and that he will do that, although likely without any photography session.

Horatio

You're welcome
The joke eludes me Watson.

tumblr_inline_n0lugfo2HI1szq440.gif

BarçaBarça

He doesn't want to sign because he doesn't want to be seen with Bartomeu.

I think this is right - signing right now, with vote of no confidence under way, and the board under the most pressure ever would be a clear victory for them and read as support.
Messi doesn't want to benefit Bartomeu, even though I doubt he will publicly speak out against him.

That is also why I am 100 percent sure he will stay, and sign the contract as soon as this mess at the board-level is settled.

T

TS88

Very poor performance today but was involved in the winning goal with an assist so all is forgiven :)

Home of Barca Fans