10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't believe Messi will jump ship now, at this critical time when everything is in chaos. If he wants to leave, the earliest should be next summer and AFTER he gives the club advanced notice so we can better prepare for it, not like how we got caught offguard in the Neymar transfer.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
After everything that's gone on, and with the fact that he's yet to sign a contract renewal, it's a pity that we cannot even be 100% sure he will not leave.

Bartomeu truly destroying this club.

If Messi leaves, expect Suarez to follow. It'll be the nail in the coffin for Barca for at least a decade.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Think he will leave for free next summer. Sure as hell couldn't blame him if he did. CR7 will be surpassing him soon while Barto the Perico is jerking off to RM's success.

Julien

I don't believe Messi will jump ship now, at this critical time when everything is in chaos. If he wants to leave, the earliest should be next summer and AFTER he gives the club advanced notice so we can better prepare for it, not like how we got caught offguard in the Neymar transfer.
At this point nothing would surprise me anymore.

I think we are all having sweet ideal dreams about loyalty, while 99.9% of these football stars are just after money, and such.

Let's hope messi is among these 0.1%

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This is what I think:

Best case scenario: He signs the contract extension and stays
2nd best case scenario: He signs the contract extension and leaves in 2019 summer
3rd best case scenario: He does not sign the contract extension and leaves for free next summer
Worst case scenario: He leaves this summer, leaving us with 300m cash that we can't spend and HUGE hole we can't fill

This is what I think:

Best case scenario: He signs the contract extension and stays
2nd best case scenario: He signs the contract extension and leaves in 2019 summer
3rd best case scenario: He does not sign the contract extension and leaves for free next summer
Worst case scenario: He leaves this summer, leaving us with 300m cash that we can't spend

Would rather sacrifice the season and have 300m to rebuild the team tbh. We're not winning anything anyway. But both are shitty scenarios.

No way he'll leave this summer though. If Bartomeu fucks off, no way he'll leave period.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Would rather sacrifice the season and have 300m to rebuild the team tbh. We're not winning anything anyway. But both are shitty scenarios.

No way he'll leave this summer though.

True, we are going down anyway with or without Messi, we might as well take the 300m and rebuild right now. Good point, so the worst case scenario would be he leaves for free next summer.

Let's see if Messi's camp will say anything about this.

LeeRomeno

if he leaves, rather leave with money and now.
Not that i think he will leave, but he will definitely not sign his contract and pressures the board to sign some quality attackers.

Unless there's something in his contract that prevents him from doing so, he should publicly announce that he'll only renew if Bartomeu leaves. If there is, his camp should leak it.

If Bartomeu leaves, I think Messi will renew within the hour.

Home of Barca Fans