10 - Lionel Messi - v5

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
His only position now is CAM. Does not want to play anywhere else it seems. With how atrocious Suarez has been, we might as well try him at false nine again.

kattanib

His only position now is CAM. Does not want to play anywhere else it seems. With how atrocious Suarez has been, we might as well try him at false nine again.

We cannot have Messi as a CAM taking 1 of the midfield spots because we need to press and track in midfield ... and we cannot play with 3 defence and 4 midfields as that will leave us open like today ... alternatively we can play with:

GK
RB CB CB LB
CDM
RCM LM
CAM

RW ST

Hazard

He had a terrible game imo. How many times did he get dispossessed tonight? He needs to be played as a False 9 again because he's useless defensively.

Serbian

Suarez is garbage last 2 games, but Messi gets free pass? I mean he got dispossessed like 50x today, we should have not renewed his contract and kept Neymar and if Neymar new Messi was leaving it be the net would stay. Busquets is 30 and moves like 80 years old. Iniesta plays like 70 years old legs gone. Raketic also 30 god awful Suarez Messi both past their prime sadly pique mascherano all grandfathers we have such a old ass team probably oldest team in Europe and now we add 30 year old Paulinho unbelievable

Last edited:

Hazard

Suarez is garbage last 2 games, but Messi gets free pass? I mean he got dispossessed like 50x today, we should have not renewed his contract and kept Neymar and if Neymar new Messi was leaving it be the net would stay. Busquets is 30 and moves like 80 years old. Iniesta plays like 70 years old legs gone. Raketic also 30 god awful Suarez Messi both past their prime sadly pique mascherano all grandfathers we have such a old ass team probably oldest team in Europe and now we add 30 year old Paulinho unbelievable

Ronaldo, Marcelo, Ramos, Modric & Benzema are also all in their thirties or very near it. Nothing wrong with older players we've just done a horrible job of surrounding them with elite talent & slowly phasing out the ones on the decline.

The midfield especially is utterly pathetic. The likes of Ceballos, Isco, Kovacic, Asensio & Casemiro would all be starters for us despite not being guaranteed 1st choice at Madrid.

gasgas

His best position is as a CAM, it's where he's most comfortable at and can influence the game.
I tend to think false 9, 10 is best for him

Closest to goal where he receives the ball closer to goal so that he can score

The midfield tasks should be done by midfielders

His dribbling should be used for creating space for shooting

Cool

I tend to think false 9, 10 is best for him

Closest to goal where he receives the ball closer to goal so that he can score

The midfield tasks should be done by midfielders

His dribbling should be used for creating space for shooting

The false 9 idea could be done with a good midfield which we lack right now and even if Coutinho comes that still won't be enough.

He was deployed as a second striker next to Suarez and had no influence on the game today because he easily got marked. Like I said, if you want to get the best out of Messi in this current addition of crap midfield then it's best done in a 4-2-3-1 as CAM where he can drop down and get more touches on the ball.

The 4-2-3-1 will also cover one of Bus biggest weakness; his legs, if you pair him with Roberto who has a great engine and will be willing to do the running and will often bomb forward with one of his dribbling runs.

Total-Football

The position in which he played today is the best position. His lack of pressing is the least hurtful and he gets to be placed both close to suarez and the goal.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Suarez has been garbage for a long time now and has been getting a free pass for everything Neymar got crucified for.

Suarez is looking slower, sluggish and missing more chances than he's ever done in his career the last 12 months.

He need to find himself again as he seem to be heading towards a rapid decline. If not, then we have to look for a CF next year.

Julien

The position in which he played today is the best position. His lack of pressing is the least hurtful and he gets to be placed both close to suarez and the goal.
That doesn't solve the fact that the players seem to not understand Valverde's tactic, and positioning.

It's like we have no plan. There's so few combinations, one two. It was a time our players could pass the ball without looking super fast, but now everything is so slow.

El Guaje

Last 2 games? Hahahahhahaha dude you must have burried your head up his ass deep af.

Batistuta9

I really hope we get coutinho and dembele. We need some players that can dribble and beat a man. Now neymar is gone, all teams will do is put 3 players on messi like real done because they know everyone else is no threat.

Home of Barca Fans