10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Ritchie

Hopefully there's no issue but this should have been sorted out by now. You don't let a 250 million asset get into the last year of his contract.

Real have sorted Penaldo's out.

bismp

Obviously Marca is Madrid mouthpiece but fact is we are renewing everyone else but Messi.

Well maybe they wanted to renew everyone else,so that they could focus entirely on Leo's renewal.

I am confident that he will renew.There's no reason for him to leave now.Not in this stage of his career.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Hate to quote mirror but here it is

But Messi's camp have moved to dampen speculation and insist everything is going as planned with regards to a multi-year extension that will make him the best-paid player in the world.

The 29-year-old's people are "in no rush" to agree a new extension to prolong the number 10's stay in Catalunya because they are aware that president Josep Bartomeu was keen to secure deals for other key squad members first.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/lionel-messi-sign-new-barcelona-9258235

El Flaco

Ronald De Boer on Messi vs Cristiano comparision

I've seen Johan and I never saw Pele but Messi for me is the best. He always shows up: at home, away, in the league, in the Champions League. Every player of his quality has three or four good years, but he's been up there for almost 10. He's always at his best. He's the best I've seen in my life.

In Ajax, our philosophy is Barça's and vice-versa. I always make jokes with the lads at Ajax. There are some crazies who think Cristiano, who is also spectacular, is better. I tell those who say that he is better than Messi: "Eh, we're in Ajax, if you think Cristiano is better, leave Ajax.

Cristiano can't be compared to Messi. Leo's the best, more complete. He scores, assists, dribbles. He's incredible. He does it in a natural way. It's pure talent. He's the player that everyone wants to be. Cristiano is spectacular but he doesn't have the naturalness of Messi.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...-boer-barca-barcelona-johan-cruyff-messi.html

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nice words by our former man Frank.
I happened to play as defender for my local team back then and remember I used to try to play like him.

His long balls were second to none even for todays standards.

SeloBarca

"That's partly down to an understanding that the first step to renewal is by guaranteeing Messi a good environment to work in."
The current team is not good enough for Messi, especially not the midfield. And the playstyle is not really suited for him either.

Home of Barca Fans