10 - Lionel Messi - v5

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Messi will sign a new contract until 2020 + an optional year until 2021.

it seems like a move to keep the pressure on the board as the club will be in the exact same spot in two years again.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo.../423899057747/messi-renovacion-barcelona.html

img_rbravo_20170705-001525_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_no_archivables_md05-kckB--572x711@MundoDeportivo-Web.jpg

Last edited:

springfield

Great that he extended. I read that Barcelona gave him a sign bonus of 50m instead of a big pay raise to stay in line with the ffp. Why are most of them so greedy? Earning money 99,99 % can only dream of. So much money you can't even spend in your whole life. Still putting Barcelona in difficult position because of those enormous demands. I love Messi as a footballer but this is not about club love. But yeah a lot of footballers just want as much as money.

raskolnikov

Great that he extended. I read that Barcelona gave him a sign bonus of 50m instead of a big pay raise to stay in line with the ffp. Why are most of them so greedy? Earning money 99,99 % can only dream of. So much money you can't even spend in your whole life. Still putting Barcelona in difficult position because of those enormous demands. I love Messi as a footballer but this is not about club love. But yeah a lot of footballers just want as much as money.
I think big part is prestige as well.

denn

The problem is with Neymar and his salary and bonus. You all realise that Barca is paying Messi like RM is paying the whole BBC with this 50M bonus. Of course, we should, because he's Messi.
MSN is great, but man, salary wise, it's not good at all.

So, now important would be dump some salaries like Arda or even Rafinha. I don't think the club would offer bigger contract to Iniesta. I mean, i love him, but honestly that would be suicidale move.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Is it in any way confirmed ​by different sources that he has a 50m signing bonus or is this the same rumour from several weeks ago?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Great news, we'll be enjoying Messi for 4 more exciting years. :)

Yeah, footballers salaries are generally way over the top but let's not get into that right now.

Messi983

Is it in any way confirmed ​by different sources that he has a 50m signing bonus or is this the same rumour from several weeks ago?

Nothing confirmed but I believe those rumourse are true. Anyway, signing bonus will be spread over the length of his contract, so it's 12,5m/year before taxes.

Home of Barca Fans