10 - Lionel Messi - v5

BarçaBarça

The light in the dark. Team hasn't functioned well, but he doesn't need a team to do that to decide games (and nearly championships).

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Foolish for the cameramen to ever switch to closeups when Messi's on the ball :lol: You'd think a career's worth of unparalleled moments would teach them that. Here's the only better shot I could find:

[tw]866433564048449537[/tw]

I find it ridiculous that, outside of Barca/Messi fan circles, Leo is actually under-appreciated as a GOAT. The fact that Ronaldo somehow manages to be seen as his equal or semi-regularly beats Messi to individual accolades is evidence of this. If we are speaking in truth and facts, there is no debate. At Messi's best, he produces performances where everything and everyone else on the pitch simply doesn't matter. No one in football can generate the same consistent level of footballing awe over 90 minutes or over a season.

He scored this goal almost casually. It's literally EASY for him to show such incredible superiority to defenders and leave a whole team in his wake. Lionel Messi has changed this sport forever. The day he retires will very well be one of, if not the saddest, days in the entire history of football.

nafees

Greetings, 1st Post here, been reading the forums but I figured I should join the conversation.

People who don't understand the brilliance of Messi simply look at the numbers or look at highlights. If you actually watch the matches you can clearly tell that messi has no equal.

Also, if you look at the stats, Messi has a better goal scoring average than Ronaldo since the beginning of their respective careers.

Home of Barca Fans