10 - Lionel Messi - v5

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
FIFA is insane/corrupt... Lio might have made a mistake, but a 4 match ban is absurd... Especially since a welsh guy broke and irish player's leg the other day and he'll only be banned for 2 matches corresponding to the direct red card...

It's like you can end a guy's career, but you can't complain to the ref for being kicked all game long...

Altomonte

I just watched the beginning of the ARG- BOL match and could not continue - it's a bad team without Messi. I think the dream of winning a WC with the ARG NT is no longer realistic. I think Neymar has a much better chance reaching this goal with Brazil. So the 4-game penalty may be a blessing, it will take away the ARG distraction from his Barça goals.
There is no way the ARG fans can blame Messi if the team fails to qualify: Blame FIFA.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
While true from a logical point of view, tackling is part of the game and unless the offending player admits that his tackle intended to maliciously harm the opposing player, it is very difficult to prove intent in those situations, most of the time at least.

It's different for officials where any verbal or physical abuse is a interpreted as clear, intended abuse. And considering they are more protected by the rules of the game, punishments will be more severe.

The problem here is that the referees are saying they heard him say nothing like that, and that this happens every game and people say worse, yet the implementation of this is arbitrary.

What's next, FIFA hiring lip readers to investigate what Messi whispers to a team mate about a referee?

Mitchell1978

The problem here is that the referees are saying they heard him say nothing like that, and that this happens every game and people say worse, yet the implementation of this is arbitrary.

What's next, FIFA hiring lip readers to investigate what Messi whispers to a team mate about a referee?

That and the fact that they came to this decision so quickly makes this highly suspect.

Mitchell1978

I just watched the beginning of the ARG- BOL match and could not continue - it's a bad team without Messi. I think the dream of winning a WC with the ARG NT is no longer realistic.

They have looked poor for quite some time now, with or without the ban, long before the Bolivia game.
I think they actually overachieved in reaching 3 straight finals even though they should have won at least one of those.
Apart from Messi, Mascherano that team is very poor, mediocre at best, that along with the bankrupt and corrupt federation they would almost need a miracle to win something.
I still think they will qualify though, winning their remaining 2 home games will probably be enough.

Last edited:

PhilS

Messi really hates playing up above the clouds in La Paz. I bet he was trying to get suspended, but mis-calibrated.

Raketa10

This Argentina NT is real embarrassment. Without Messi they are pure disaster together with their head coach. This clown started this game without Aguero and Dybala and he didn't even bring Dybala in after 0-2.

I feel really sorry for Messi. Unfortunately there is no chance Messi will win anything with this clown of a manager and this teammates.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
People saying he deserves it, why not contribute to the discussion and add your arguments for why he deserves it, based on how such cases has been treated by FIFA before.

Instead of saying "he deserves it" and adding shit all to anything being said here.

Again, Neymar got sent off when he got suspended. Medel was sent off. Jara stuck his finger up Cavani's ass and got less games. In this case, the refs said they heard nothing of serious offence. The Chile FA sent a tape to FIFA and they suspended him mere hours before a game without notifying either Messi or the AFA. Tapes that have no auditory evidence of Messi saying those words even though he most likely did, but still not enough to suspend him. I mean, are we going to hire lip readers and suspend players based on THAT? Are you serious?

Players say these sort of things every game, are we going to suspend all of them or just pick and choose certain players?

So let's hear it.

Last edited:

Hatem Ben Arfa

Fuck Infantino and Fifa.

Linesman in question says it's nothing and they do this.

Anyone still questions Barca and Messi are being targeted by those bastards?

they caught it on the cameras and it's been highly publicised ....... they HAD TO make an example of him.

F

FlaFCB

they caught it on the cameras and it's been highly publicised ....... they HAD TO make an example of him.

They get players swearing on cameras all the time. And fifa won't start suspending players for that regularly. They did it to Messi because he snub their "the best" party. 4 games for regular swearing is absurd.

Devils

I will forever maintain my stance that, regardless of how much Messi loves Argentina, he should have payed for Spain. Argentina will forever be the negative light on his illustrious career.

BarcaVillain

I will forever maintain my stance that, regardless of how much Messi loves Argentina, he should have payed for Spain. Argentina will forever be the negative light on his illustrious career.

At the time you can't argue though that, putting loyalties aside, Argentina has already won two world cups and represented a better chance of international success. Yes, Spain could have poached him. I'm still massively in favour of players playing for the country of their birth though. It isn't like he hasn't had chances.

Altomonte

I fully agree with you. Spain rescued his football career, Barcelona made him what he is today, the best player ever. There would be no question asked if he had chosen to play for Spain. If he had played in the Spanish NT with his Barça friends, he would have at least 2 Euro trophies and at least 1 WC Trophy.
Playing for Argentina has put him at a serious disadvantage.
Just last year, Barça lost the Clasico and was kicked out of the CL by Atletico, because he came back tired from all his efforts to bail out ARG.
But that's all 'water under the bridge'.
Anyway, I think chasing his dream to reach WC glory with Argentina died in Brazil.
From now on he should focus on Barça.

RMU ReBorn

From last season
17629688_1461499213881750_2417628681738758694_n.jpg

From 2014-15

17553716_1461748403856831_2747425534250886219_n.jpg

I fully agree with you. Spain rescued his football career, Barcelona made him what he is today, the best player ever. There would be no question asked if he had chosen to play for Spain. If he had played in the Spanish NT with his Barça friends, he would have at least 2 Euro trophies and at least 1 WC Trophy.
Playing for Argentina has put him at a serious disadvantage.
Just last year, Barça lost the Clasico and was kicked out of the CL by Atletico, because he came back tired from all his efforts to bail out ARG.
But that's all 'water under the bridge'.
Anyway, I think chasing his dream to reach WC glory with Argentina died in Brazil.
From now on he should focus on Barça.
what kinda logic is that . Messi absolutely love his nation , were he was born .Anyone with passion for his country won't hunt for glory like what De steffano did . Fact that Leo is carrying a bunch of shits just because he loves his nation makes me love him more and more . My admiration has grown blindfold when i heard that he paid the salary's for Afa staffs . These are legendary stuffs and something trophys won't bring you

The only one to blame is himself.
Maybe he thinks that insulting means to be a leader.

cheer leading makes you a better leader

Home of Barca Fans