10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Altomonte

I expect Messi to play very well and carry the team in next game - Bolivia. However, I am very concerned about injury risk. They are tough an rough and fight hard.

F

FlaFCB

I expect Messi to play very well and carry the team in next game - Bolivia. However, I am very concerned about injury risk. They are tough an rough and fight hard.

Altitude is the biggest problem. Argentina lost 6-1 to Bolivia there, in the last qualifiers.

JamDav1982

Altitude is the biggest problem. Argentina lost 6-1 to Bolivia there, in the last qualifiers.

Dont think that was last campaign was it?

Think can remember watching the last one and the Argentina players could barely run while Bolivia were hitting it from anywhere.

Either narrow Bolivia win or a draw that time.

F

FlaFCB

Dont think that was last campaign was it?

Think can remember watching the last one and the Argentina players could barely run while Bolivia were hitting it from anywhere.

Either narrow Bolivia win or a draw that time.

Think you're right, it was under Maradona, iirc.
With the way they played vs Uruguay, I wouldn't expect a win. Even more without Masch.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
g59X1Z.gif

Jesus Christ...

Needless to say that this play is the embodiment of his entire Argentina career tragedies.

Messi983

Argentina doesn't deserve him. At least most people have open their eyes/started to use their brains and they see now that he's not responsible for their struggles.

From an outsider perspective, Argentina has disrespected Messi big time, from shitty coaches to Maradona attacks to individualistic teammates... It's too little too late now.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
They are slowly realizing that their only chance to make it to the world cup depends exclusively on Lio, that's why they haven't been too harsh on him lately... However, make no mistake, if for some reason they fail to qualify they will come back stronger than ever and blame it all on him...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Messi facing possible suspension following verbal abuse of linesman during Argentina match against Chile.

Please make it so. And if he gets suspended let it be now for trip to Bolivia rather than for later.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's a tricky situation.

On one hand you don't want him to play, especially in La Paz, and risk an injury or other issues.

On the other hand, if he doesn't play, Argentina are useless. They struggle to win without him and if he loses a game or two their chances of getting to the WC will diminish and Messi might get absolutely heart broken not getting another chance in a World Cup and missing it. It's the one thing he want the most in his professional career, one thing he is desperate to achieve, to win something with Argentina.

Mascherano is yet to achieve success with Argentina too. Next WC will definitely be his last too. These two have achieved everything and done so much for Barca and Argentina, been so close for the latter, yet so far.

Norway sucks and France I like, but I just want to see Messi and Mascherano win something with Argentina when it comes to International Football. Our other players have won, but these two have not, and they deserve to win something being so close many times.

I really hope they do. The odds might be stacked against them if they make it to Russia, but you can hope for a miracle.

Last edited:

El Flaco

Messi facing possible suspension following verbal abuse of linesman during Argentina match against Chile.

Please make it so. And if he gets suspended let it be now for trip to Bolivia rather than for later.

[tw]846489460355354624[/tw]

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, obviously I want them to qualify. Just don't think match in La Paz is crucial.

Looks like on top of suspensions (most notably Mascherano) Aguero will start from the bench.

Argentina line-up against Bolivia:

ROMERO; RONCAGLIA, MUSACCHIO, FUNES MORI, ROJO; Enzo PEREZ, PIZARRO, BANEGA, DI MARIA; MESSI, PRATTO.

Home of Barca Fans