10 - Lionel Messi - v5

serghei

haha Marca readers shitting on Cristiano .. 58% to 26% is flattering to his ass, it's not that close

Tbh, it isn't the first time it's happening tbh, Real fans know football imo. I'm talking about the ones based in Madrid mostly. I still remember when they stood up and clapped for Ronaldinho back in 2005.

Horatio

You're welcome
Still waiting on a vid or gif of the fistpumping action as he walked back to the middle of the pitch.

BarçaBarça

I read something about som referee-comitee or institution or group saying that Messis goal against Valencia was legal - that Suarez wasn't offside.
What is that about? I've never read something about that before - surely they don't have any "legal" power, but what is the point by making such assessments?
Which are obviously wrong btw - clear offside according to the new rules..

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I read something about som referee-comitee or institution or group saying that Messis goal against Valencia was legal - that Suarez wasn't offside.
What is that about? I've never read something about that before - surely they don't have any "legal" power, but what is the point by making such assessments?
Which are obviously wrong btw - clear offside according to the new rules..

It was the spanish refereeing committee or something like that... Their point is that they believe there was more than enough distance between Alves and Suárez for it to be considered an interference in play, and while I kind of see their side of the argument I still think it was offside...

However, I will take any help from any official and unofficial entitites, considering all the shit that's being thrown at us right now...

snowy

I tried so many different variations and Neo blows all the other contenders out the water battleship style (despite having the 2nd lowest time on the pitch after Lewand.)
Ronaldo is 2nd top scorer but notice his total attempts. Ney the marquis de Masoche is the numero uno when it comes to fouls suffered lol

Last edited:

snowy

edit: side by side pics for 15-16 and 16-17 seasons [per 90 metrics]. One can clearly see CR7's notable drop in form. Funny how Messi's chances created are exactly the same at 2.41 :super2:

hdpdz8t

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You've failed already. If you want to use Squawka then you need to put it to per 90 metrics to get a more statistical correct picture since some players have played more minutes than others ;)

I don't like using Squawka or Whoscored to prove a point. I mean, there's already a guy on this forum who uses Squawka to "prove" Coequlin or whatever the fuck his name is, is better than Busquets.

Last edited:

snowy

And you've failed already. If you want to use Squawka then you need to put it to per 90 metrics to get a more statistical correct picture since some players have played more minutes than others ;)

yeah I was going to but somehow 0.35 vs 0.31 just didn't seem to translate the same magnitude hehe
but what's the prob with the squawka matrix, no good? Is the way they compute the numbers flawed or something? thx!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
yeah I was going to but somehow 0.35 vs 0.31 just didn't seem to translate the same magnitude hehe
but what's the prob with the squawka matrix, no good? Is the way they compute the numbers flawed or something? thx!

It's all good to have stats like these, but football is not like baseball. There's a lot of different factors that decide the game so squawka and other stats sites often give a flawed picture of reality.

I just don't like it too much personally tbh.

snowy

It's all good to have stats like these, but football is not like baseball. There's a lot of different factors that decide the game so squawka and other stats sites often give a flawed picture of reality.

I just don't like it too much personally tbh.

Just edited the two posts per 90 metrics. Not as spectacular but you're right, they provide a more accurate picture. Yeah I get why folks don't like the whole Moneyball approach but stats are still fun to check out. + they can be useful to a point as long as they're not presented as holly scriptures. :lucho:

Gotta say though, these stats connect pretty well with the impressions I had so far. Then again, it could be due to bias confirmation... lol

Last edited:

SahanBarca

This is the latest update that i found tonight...

He actually reached the 900 mark before the season began..
and added 14 more in this season so far.
14907123_10157657997605191_5774093479865247745_n.jpg

Asylum15

Made this earlier:

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/2qvmLfkaZ6gIU" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/2qvmLfkaZ6gIU">via GIPHY</a></p>

Horatio

You're welcome
Made this earlier:

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/2qvmLfkaZ6gIU" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/2qvmLfkaZ6gIU">via GIPHY</a></p>

It shows the same moment twice only one starting and ending later? What was the motivation behind this choice of direction?

Home of Barca Fans