10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Total-Football

Invisible and uninspired.. when messi is like that we suffer a lot. Messi has the lowest stamina of all Professional players in europe i reckon, why not manage this, i have been asking this a hundred times, he should have been rested wednesday, we were ahead in the first leg. This is extreamply poor managament.

ini4ever

So naive to play MSN all the time (in CDR matches :rolleyes:)

That wasn't the problem at least not a huge one, though certainly MSN should get rested time to time but today it was all about Lucho and system ( if exists any )

Invisible and uninspired.. when messi is like that we suffer a lot. Messi has the lowest stamina of all Professional players in europe i reckon, why not manage this, i have been asking this a hundred times, he should have been rested wednesday, we were ahead in the first leg. This is extreamply poor managament.

Didn't expect that from you, tiredness. No it was all tactical and Lucho has no single clue how to counter a team pressing like that.

Last edited:

serghei

He does not have what it takes to play in midfield. He's a passenger there except for 4-5 good chances in a game.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Decent game. Should've been rested against Sociedad, though. Like I said back then. Been looking a bit tired in some games lately and now we got Atletico coming up, so no rest for him.

Ripsta

He does not have what it takes to play in midfield. He's a passenger there except for 4-5 good chances in a game.

Errr, he sliced the defence open so many times throughout the game today and his team mates messed them all up. Vidal even miscontrolled the pass when it was cleared off the line, and Neymar should be put down after that miss.

Total-Football

That wasn't the problem at least not a huge one, though certainly MSN should get rested time to time but today it was all about Lucho and system ( if exists any )

Didn't expect that from you, tiredness. No it was all tactical and Lucho has no single clue how to counter a team pressing like that.

He does, it's retreat retreat retreat, build a semi circle around stegen , and keep passing until someone fucks it up :neymar:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He is too passive nowadays when things are not going our way, that is not something new. But even with that he manages to bail us out regularly.

No.. just no.. his best level was around 2010-2013.. he was just insane then, brutal.. specialy one season, his level was beyond insane, every pass and shot and dribble felt like magical and godlike and unstoppable, and he was deadly infront of goal, every shot was almost guaranteed to be a goal or a really dangerous attempt, and his passing was just as godlike as now. He did improve in his free kicks over the years, thats true, so he still is quite a player, but you can't compare him to 2010-13 Messi.

His passing is even better now, he's using his full range. He also shot more in 11-12 and 12-13

This game is further evidence that we can't do shit without Messi but people are using it as an example of his decline ? lol.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
His passing is even better now, he's using his full range. He also shot more in 11-12 and 12-13

This game is further evidence that we can't do shit without Messi but people are using it as an example of his decline ? lol.

Yes, he can do more things now, but he was better in overall back then. Much faster, engaged in the game, twice better dribbling and so on.

Mitchell1978

No.. just no.. his best level was around 2010-2013.. he was just insane then, brutal.. specialy one season, his level was beyond insane, every pass and shot and dribble felt like magical and godlike and unstoppable, and he was deadly infront of goal, every shot was almost guaranteed to be a goal or a really dangerous attempt, and his passing was just as godlike as now. He did improve in his free kicks over the years, thats true, so he still is quite a player, but you can't compare him to 2010-13 Messi.

10-13 was his physical peak but Barça also had a much better midfield back then

I feel right now he's even more complete then before (he was always complete but now even more so) and he has been incredibily consistent this season so far.

About this game, he looked tired just like the whole team really still he had an assist and created a good chance for Neymar.

F

FlaFCB

He's been playing too deep. Messi is still our better goal scorer, he shouldn't be playing that deep.

mark1nhu

Messi is a genius and today, again, he created a lot of great opportunities, something few players (if any) can do, but...

Jesus Christ, zero off the ball movement. He was static as fuck, couldn't bother to move himself a few meters to be available for a pass.

I am not talking about running, just a little but of jogging to make himself available.

Home of Barca Fans