User Tag List

Page 1038 of 1047 FirstFirst ... 38538938988102810361037103810391040 ... LastLast
Results 15,556 to 15,570 of 15698

Thread: 10 - Lionel Messi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    He's Barca captain for me. Has 550 goals and 250 assists for us, is the only remaining figure from the Rijkaard era, has bailed us out/put us over the top time and time again in decisive matches/big matches.

also fact that he's gone through both the joyous peaks (pep era, 2015 MSN) and struggling lows (key figures/legends departing over the years) makes it fitting that he gets the mantle now.

he hasn't been a great/good captain for argentina but we shouldn't conflate argentina messi for barca messi.
    it's the same fuckin' thing... I am a Messi fan but I am a Barca fan first. Barca catering to Messi's ego like ARG did when they gave up Mascherano armband which was one of the things that ruined ARG imo.

The only thing Messi has ever displayed in terms of captain material was that second half entrance tunnel speech he gave to his players against NIG. That's after years of hanging his head in defeat when things go wrong on the pitch. Face facts people.

Lifestealer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The discussion is moot. Captaincy at Barca is always voted by the players. They decide who gets to lead them. Let them decide.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icarium View Post
    The discussion is moot. Captaincy at Barca is always voted by the players. They decide who gets to lead them. Let them decide.
    appease the Messi and get on with it... or something.

just jokes... you have a good point. They know who their true leader is. WWG1WGA

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Captains armband is just an armband for show. Messi will lead by example. You will still have the loud vocal players doing their thing and organising the defence and midfield and getting players going. People like pique and alba

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Messi being captain ruined Argentina ? As if they would have won three trophys if Masche was the captain . Their problems are much deep rooted right from the federation . Captaincy is the last thing that they should be pondering over

President of FC Barcelona

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia View Post
    it's the same fuckin' thing... I am a Messi fan but I am a Barca fan first. Barca catering to Messi's ego like ARG did when they gave up Mascherano armband which was one of the things that ruined ARG imo.

The only thing Messi has ever displayed in terms of captain material was that second half entrance tunnel speech he gave to his players against NIG. That's after years of hanging his head in defeat when things go wrong on the pitch. Face facts people.
    You don't need the armband to lead.

Didn't prevent Puyol from being a beast of a leader for Spain when they needed him the most in 2010.

It's a shitty excuse. If you're not able to lead or act as a leader without the armband you're a shitty leader in the first place.

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't see CR winning a Ballon d'Or at Juve. If Modric can lead Croatia to victory Sunday, he'll probably win it this year and then I'm confident Messi can get at least one more in coming years.

If CR gets it this year, I doubt Messi will ever overtake him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FCB1987 View Post
    I can't see CR winning a Ballon d'Or at Juve. If Modric can lead Croatia to victory Sunday, he'll probably win it this year and then I'm confident Messi can get at least one more in coming years.

What a tragedy it would be if Ronaldo ended his career with more Ballon d'Ors than Messi.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FCB1987 View Post

Modric deserves it but if Xavi/Iniesta couldn't win one, i highly doubt Modric can. the world cup victory should have a huge swing but i don't think it will. Ronaldo will be back to banging in goals in a poor league just in time for Ballon d'or voting, we've seen this type of shit time and time again. I wouldn't even be suprised if the top 3 is Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar, its a fucking farce but what can you do...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Givenchy View Post
    Modric deserves it but if Xavi/Iniesta couldn't win one, i highly doubt Modric can. the world cup victory should have a huge swing but i don't think it will. Ronaldo will be back to banging in goals in a poor league just in time for Ballon d'or voting, we've seen this type of shit time and time again. I wouldn't even be suprised if the top 3 is Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar, its a fucking farce but what can you do...

Xavi and Iniestas had their prime in 2008-2012 but in this time Ronaldo and Messi were unreal. They put numbers which nobody thought that any player can ever reach that. They broke every week a new record. Xavi/Iniesta werent on their level so it was ok that they didnt won the FIFA Ballon Dor although they won WC. Now Messi and Ronaldo are much weaker due to their age and so Modric has a very good Chance to win the Ballon Dor if he beomes World Champion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our greatest signing would be a running Messi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our greatest signing would be finally signing a world class midfielder so he can stays upfront

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oggmar View Post
    What a tragedy it would be if Ronaldo ended his career with more Ballon d'Ors than Messi.
    Would make the whole thing a mockery , there is no chance the big ladyboy was ever at the level Messi played at and most people in the game know it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You cant let player to be captain who looks already beaten before the match starts, and his lack of movement in key CL matches doesnt help either

For me captain should be great example and player who never give up, messi sadly isnt that type of player, not anymore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad View Post
    You cant let player to be captain who looks already beaten before the match starts, and his lack of movement in key CL matches doesnt help either

For me captain should be great example and player who never give up, messi sadly isnt that type of player, not anymore
    If you look at Messi when he was younger you could see the hustle and hunger in the way he played. Not anymore, sometimes it even looks as if he could care less ( not saying he doesn't)