10 - Lionel Messi - v5

raskolnikov

That penalty was his 550th career goal by the way. Crazy he will have nearly 600 before age 30. Crazy to think its a real possibility for him to go 800+ and be the best goalscorer ever along with goat player.

snowy

He should make up his mind. Guy is nuts. One day he praises, the next he bites.

haha exactly! It's like them telenovelas. Pele does the same thing. I'm sure they mean well. Maybe it's just hard to concede the crown when you've been wearing for so long. Power of the Ring thing a ling

Last edited:

Neeraj

It's pretty unbelievable how good Messi is right now. His every touch, his every pass, his vision, his control and dribbling; I feel the consistency he has right now and the things he is doing on a weekly basis - it's just surreal. I feel so bad for everyone who doesn't watch Barca - you could have seen the GOAT live through your years, and you chose not to. :\

Thing is, it's been a spell of fairly routine league and cup games; no high profile champions league games for the world media to ogle at, which is why I don't think people understand what's going on in Spain right now. What Messi is doing has gone completely under the radar, even among some Barca fans; partly due to the fact that the team hasn't been all that great and his genius has been squandered by us in a few matches.

NotInHere

It's probably because people have gotten so used to seeing Messi perform at a high level that people take it for granted, Neymars form with his national team might be able to compare with Messis form at Barca but that's about it, no player really comes close to Leos impact on the game right now.

F

FlaFCB

It's probably because people have gotten so used to seeing Messi perform at a high level that people take it for granted, Neymars form with his national team might be able to compare with Messis form at Barca but that's about it, no player really comes close to Leos impact on the game right now.

No, it's not comparable. Neymar really isn't or will ever be at Messi's level. And I mean Messi's regular level, not god mode.

bismp

Yeah,he has lost some pace through the years,but he has mastered so many other areas of the games like vision,passes,free kicks,decision making etc.

An argument can be made that this is his best season ever,especially if we end up winning major titles.

Neymessi

No, it's not comparable. Neymar really isn't or will ever be at Messi's level. And I mean Messi's regular level, not god mode.

Neymar in brazil can be the closest comparison to messi atm. Not saying that he is better or anything,obviously, but if he cannot be compared then the statement should be "No one can be compared" instead of neymar in brazil cannot be compared.

F

FlaFCB

if people compare Cristiano with Messi I see no reason why Neymar shouldn't.
None should. It's obvious to anyone watching them play.

Neymar in brazil can be the closest comparison to messi atm. Not saying that he is better or anything,obviously, but if he cannot be compared then the statement should be "No one can be compared" instead of neymar in brazil cannot be compared.

No, Neymar can't. It's not even close to Messi at 50%. Neymar doesn't do anything like Messi does. Neymar doesn't possess any of Messi's traits or abilities.

FiReFTW

Yeah,he has lost some pace through the years,but he has mastered so many other areas of the games like vision,passes,free kicks,decision making etc.

An argument can be made that this is his best season ever,especially if we end up winning major titles.

No.. just no.. his best level was around 2010-2013.. he was just insane then, brutal.. specialy one season, his level was beyond insane, every pass and shot and dribble felt like magical and godlike and unstoppable, and he was deadly infront of goal, every shot was almost guaranteed to be a goal or a really dangerous attempt, and his passing was just as godlike as now. He did improve in his free kicks over the years, thats true, so he still is quite a player, but you can't compare him to 2010-13 Messi.

BBZ8800

My commentator said: MSN look tired today.

Don't shit.
This is what you get when you play CDR and La liga twice a week with MSN on the field all the time.
And two of them are aged around 30.

CL matches will be extremely fun.
We will be dead tired in 50% of matches.

So naive to play MSN all the time (in CDR matches :rolleyes:)

Home of Barca Fans