10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Eventer

GOAT_SUAREZ, you know injectable steroids... sometimes it happens. especially with all the pressure now before the start... but yes, hopefully no injuries, although I expect a lot from Messi this WC

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

If my country doesn't win it i'm rooting for Messi too. Not even because he's a Barca legend but because he's the best player i have ever seen and he deserves to have a WC win in his career. That is the one things he's lacking in comparison to Pele and Maradona and he deserves to go down in history as the best ever.

FinBarcelonafan

If my country doesn't win it i'm rooting for Messi too. Not even because he's a Barca legend but because he's the best player i have ever seen and he deserves to have a WC win in his career. That is the one things he's lacking in comparison to Pele and Maradona and he deserves to go down in history as the best ever.

Me too. Messi deserves it. I'm praying for him to win this year but I know it's very unlikely. I just wish for once things go right for him and he is celerabted as a hero, like he should. The amount of hate Argentinians have shown towards him is disgrace to what he has accomplished in his football career. He is all time great and he has many more years to improve his amazing resume.

I think he should go down as the greatest player ever. He deserves it.

MessiTBE

Banned
I am so so so so nervous now. It is at maximum high and still got another day to go before the World Cup starts for Messi and my team. The sleepless nights have set in, the cold sweats, the stress, the tension. It has all Come.

Only reason it come because I know we are not good enough. Not just friendly game but the whole qualify games, every game rubbish boring disorganised.

We cannot play bad two whole year and suddenly become this great side.

And the problem is, Messi will get all the blame.

Very hard group too, no easy team no easy 3 point in this group, every game will be tough.

And again problem is, if finish 2nd in group we play France, FRANCE!

Barca83

Banned
For other Messi/Argentina fans, who would you root for in Spain vs Portugal tomorrow?

Obviously Portugal losing is good in that it hurts CR'a team but the winner of that group will likely face the winner of Argentina's group in the quarters, so Portugal winning the group could set up a very doable run for Argentina to the semis.

I'll probably just end up rooting for Spain and hope that Uruguay finishes 2nd and knocks them out in ro16, so Argentina can avoid them.

clemente

For other Messi/Argentina fans, who would you root for in Spain vs Portugal tomorrow?

Obviously Portugal losing is good in that it hurts CR'a team but the winner of that group will likely face the winner of Argentina's group in the quarters, so Portugal winning the group could set up a very doable run for Argentina to the semis.

I'll probably just end up rooting for Spain and hope that Uruguay finishes 2nd and knocks them out in ro16, so Argentina can avoid them.

Lose/lose situation with this one, can hope for Portugal but they have pretty much no chance, even a draw isn't a good enough

clemente

Ronaldo dives, scores a penalty, then does his pathetic celebration and even adds some "goatee" celebration on it, why does he have to be so dislikable. Never thought I would say this but I hope someone sprints at him and launches into his knee with both of their legs.

Home of Barca Fans