10 - Lionel Messi - v5

serghei

In the 2nd half he played more on the right and he was unplayable. His goal was scored with him going from the right inside. The play where he dribbled 4 players in that tight space also had him starting from the right. That is his best position, not the static midfielder position that can be better marked.

gregorrin10

Is it just my feeling or was he again more towards the right side (RW) yesterday? I think he was, and that just further proves the point that he doesn't need to force himself in the middle like he did a couple of times in the last weeks...he can dribble past 5 defenders and gets into the middle in full sprint mode anyway :lol: ;) Him being static in the middle doesn't work. And he has so much more space on the wing to do exactly what he did yesterday...it was especially well shown, leading towards his own goal, when Sergi Roberto made a great pass, and Messi on the right-hand side had 'miles of space' to take on just about everybody. Hope he keeps being on the right more as the season goes on, like he did in the latest treble season. I guess him coming back to the middle or even midfield has to do a lot with the fact that we don't have quality like Iniesta on RCM as well, what i would give for someone like Verratti man, we'd be unstoppable.

Last edited:

gregorrin10

In the 2nd half he played more on the right and he was unplayable. His goal was scored with him going from the right inside. The play where he dribbled 4 players in that tight space also had him starting from the right. That is his best position, not the static midfielder position that can be better marked.

:goodpost:

F

FlaFCB

He took a flight right after the game yesterday, and is already in Rosario:

C0DQn-mW8AA1fWw.jpg:large

C0DTTJgXEAQCrN2.jpg:large

Devils

Speaking as someone who plays a lot of football, that shuffle he does right before he takes the shot on is the stuff dreams are made of.

Home of Barca Fans