10 - Lionel Messi - v5

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Playoffs are played for entering a separate competition like the 2nd place Playoff in Europe WC Qualification or the current CL qualifiers.

Like the NBA and NFL playoffs are played to enter the NBA Finals or the Super Bowl. I guess you could use playoffs for the KO stages too, but it's uncommon. So it was a legit question by Donatello and definitely not meant to be offensive.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

Playoffs are played for entering a separate competition like the 2nd place Playoff in Europe WC Qualification or the current CL qualifiers.

Like the NBA and NFL playoffs are played to enter the NBA Finals or the Super Bowl. I guess you could use playoffs for the KO stages too, but it's uncommon. So it was a legit question by Donatello and definitely not meant to be offensive.

Oh knockouts. Yeah, I'm dumb. I don't know why I thought that knockouts are playoffs. Probably because of the NBA. I'm sorry everyone.

FCBfan22

I don't wanna sound disrespectful, but its clearly evident who's dumb here.

Its basically,

Playoffs ¬ Group Stage ¬ Knockout stage ¬ Finals.

Since, we've already qualified for CL, we start from group stages.

Can you read my last post and I'm sorry again.

Kul_z

Few days ago, a 44 minutes long highlight reel of Messi's 2017-18 season was uploaded.

Incredible masterpiece.

Incredible, and people call me mad when i say that this was messi's best season yet. This guy is cursed actually, playing the best mature football i have ever seen, and just a few people recognise that.

soul24rage

I think that this 17/18 has been his best La Liga season in terms of him being in top of every attacking table (goals, assists, key passes and etc.) and being key in almost all big games.

El Flaco

Mexican international player & Real Betis defender Andres Guadardo got his ankles broken and nutmegged by Messi in the Barca-Betis match at Villamarín last season, Messi got applause even from the Betis fans. Later Guardado brought his little son (and, apparently, Messi fan), Maximo, to meet Leo.

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/nt1u3/hwvywi" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

https://streamja.com/OGLo

Guardado: "How does Messi celebrate?"

[Maximo points to the the sky]

Guardado: "Like that? Like that?"

Maximo: "When he makes a goal, he celebrates like that."

Guardado: "Yes? That's the celebration? Are you going to show him now?"

[Aside comments: "Cuties!"]

Guardado [To security] : "We're here to take a photo with Messi."

- - - -

[Messi comes out of the dressing room]

Maximo: "Messi!" [High five]

Messi: "What's up?"

Guardado [To Maximo]: "I'll take a picture with him? Tell him, how does Messi celebrate?"

[Maximo points to the the sky]

Messi: "How old are you?"

Guardado: "Tell him 'two.'"

Maximo: "Two."

Messi: "Two? Really? You seem bigger."

Guardado: "Two and half, almost three." [Messi and Maximo grin for the pic like pros.] "Say, 'thank you, Messi.'"

Maximo: "Thank you, Messi."

Messi: "What's your name?"

Maximo [suddenly very bashful, Messi gives him a little cuddle]: "Maximo."

Guadado: "Thanks, Leo."

Messi: "No problem, good luck."

Guardado: "Thanks."

Messi: "Ciao, fenómeno [crack/great one/champ]."

Guardado: "See you."

Messi: "Ciao."

Maximo: "I got a picture with Messi!"

Guardado: "Yeah? That's cool, eh, kiddo?"

KingLeo10

Messi definitely has a couple of better elements to his game compared to the guardiola or 14/15 days. But he was a whole tier better in other factors which matter more in high level KO games such as explosiveness, dribbling, finishing. If you watch his gameplay from last season, it is the level you'd expect from the best player in the world. His performances in his prime were worthy of best of all time level (clasicos, bayern CL semi, madrid CL semi, united CL finals, arsenal beatdowns etc.)

Home of Barca Fans