10 - Lionel Messi - v5

RMU ReBorn

That video reminds me of that Cl goal and the commentary , " Away from 1..2..3 wonderful , wonderful .. " ;) . Messi dribbling past three dogs from spanish capital .

RMU ReBorn

(Here's an interesting comment I found on redcafe from a huge Ronaldo fanboy. If you ignore some of the exaggerations and Messi hatred, I think he does make some interesting points about some of the issues with Messi's positioning and big game performances over recent years)

The best part is the people giving such a big importance to dribbling in this thread don’t care at all that every time Messi gets man marked properly his ability to get past players gets neutralized more often than not these days and his impact on the game greatly reduced. It’s only going to get worse as he gets slower and slower too but apparently you guys deluded yourselves into thinking he’s going to turn into a number 8 or a Pirlo style midfielder despite that being the most nonsensical idea in football history since you’ve once again arbitrarily decided that technical ability is the only necessary attribute for a football player.

Let’s see how he gets on with age but there’s a reason the static number 10 is pretty much dead in european football and there’s a reason all teams use the exact same gameplan against Barcelona in the CL and it works more often than not. Good luck trying to find space between the lines by standing there without adding any dynamic to the team both offensively or defensively. I mean, it won’t be a problem for him at all if the midfielders are somehow the ones getting the blame for not being able to find players that don’t move and are being man marked throughout the game but it will be a problem for the team.

Since Xavi left , Messi has scored 5 goals in classico's , Scored Arsenal away, beaten chelsea , and was instrumental in winning against Atleti in 2015 and 2018 . Don't get fooled by these Ronaldo fan boys prioritizing CL just because we sucked in that and Real was dominating it for past three seasons . So by that logic till 2014 Ronaldo has done fuck all in europe.. It's just their propaganda and will never acknowledge how tough is to keep up with the challenges of a technically superior league like La liga ,because Ronaldo sucked in that . Messi had problems with defensively organized teams in Cl for past 5 years be it , Juve , ATm twice . That's not just down to him being shit in one away match . We have lot of other problems to adress , apart from Messi's positioning . He can deliver in a 433 set up with proper cover in Rw . Just that we don't have a potent midfield and a Alves like creator in Right flank . Is there any execuse for Ronaldo being shit in La liga ,despite having prime kroos , Modric and Marcelo ? . With Xavi and Iniesta in their prime, Messi and Barca weren't that terrible like Madrid in League and won 3 Cl's compared to Real's 4 . Big difference . Meh

sickstar

Still that Roma again.
Banish that game from the memory of all people and we have another splendid season of messi, as usual.
And how come he can't be like pirlo, when he already is ? Even better.

Windhook

This video was uploaded 2 days ago, just saw it and made my day. Andres Guardado takes his son to meet Leo.
<iframe class="instagram-media instagram-media-rendered" id="instagram-embed-0" src="https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl0mH-MHBoV/embed/captioned/?cr=1&v=9&wp=540&rd=www.barcaforum.com#%7B%22ci%22%3A0%2C%22os%22%3A82.99999999871943%7D" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" height="870" data-instgrm-payload-id="instagram-media-payload-0" scrolling="no" style="background: white; max-width: 540px; width: calc(100% - 2px); border-radius: 3px; border: 1px solid rgb(219, 219, 219); box-shadow: none; display: block; margin: 0px 0px 12px; min-width: 326px; padding: 0px;"></iframe> <script async="" defer="" src="//www.instagram.com/embed.js"></script>

Last edited:

FCBfan22

[youtube]c7YHYPDunA4[/youtube]

8:40

I loved watching this guy. But he doesn't seem to understand that Messi doesn't defend. Arthur on the wrong side. This is a sucide in playoff CL.

He has lost it.

soul24rage

I loved watching this guy. But he doesn't seem to understand that Messi doesn't defend. Arthur on the wrong side. This is a sucide in playoff CL.

He has lost it.

He was just trying to show different formations that we can play and, to be honest, I think Valverde will play this formation in the CL.
If I remember correctly, I think Arthur played on the left side of the 3 man midfield vs Roma with Rafinha on the left and both of them played well even though it was just a friendly.

FCBfan22

He was just trying to show different formations that we can play and, to be honest, I think Valverde will play this formation in the CL.
If I remember correctly, I think Arthur played on the left side of the 3 man midfield vs Roma with Rafinha on the left and both of them played well even though it was just a friendly.

Messi on RW in CL playoff. Please no. With Rakitić and Semedo suffering because of that. Again 2 players not defending.

Messi on RW is a thing of the past, unless something magical happens and he starts defending.

jairzinho

I think we still have a shot at CL with him as the ‘focal’ point / playmaker for the next two to 3 seasons, but his minutes has to be managed. No more Copa rel dey until the latter stages and he should be rested more against the bottom teams in the league.

clemente

Messi on RW in CL playoff. Please no. With Rakitić and Semedo suffering because of that. Again 2 players not defending.

Messi on RW is a thing of the past, unless something magical happens and he starts defending.

You know its not the end of the world if he doesn't defend, he has his presence and we have been doing fine for years, the losses in CL aren't on Messi.

Donatello

CL Playoff..Haven't we already qualified??

Home of Barca Fans