10 - Lionel Messi - v5

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Which is already making me piss my pants. That guy is garbage. Couldn’t even be bothered to try against Spain the other month and is rewarded with a place in the starting lineup. Say what you want about Romero, but he is usually really solid for Argentina.

Joan

Which is already making me piss my pants. That guy is garbage. Couldn’t even be bothered to try against Spain the other month and is rewarded with a place in the starting lineup. Say what you want about Romero, but he is usually really solid for Argentina.

Isn't he injured?

Barca83

Banned
They're utter shit. Only Messi would make Spain, Germany, Brazil or France team out of the side likely to play (possibly Aguero).
Take Messi out and it wouldn't be worth them turning up.

Even 4 years ago you might have said Mascherano, Zabeleta, Di Maria, Aguero and Higuain could get in other top sides.

Nothing has come through at all for years. Brazil have been able to produce Coutinho, Neymar, Firmino, Jesus, Fabinho, Marquinhos and Alison over the last few years which is enough fresh blood to make a proper challenge this year and in 2022.. All Argentina have produced is Dybala who can't play with Messi anyway and an injured West Ham player. Brazil have even left out Alex Sandro and Fabinho. Fabinho would be first pick at full back or midfield and Sandro would be straight in at left back as would Danilo on either flank.

Argentina has at worst the 6th best team at the WC

-Aguero is a top 3-5 striker
-Di Maria has been in insane form for PSG in 2018
-Otamendi was one of the top CBs in Europe last year
-Dybala is arguably the best sub at the tournament
-Masch, Lo Celso, and Banega aren't terrible options in midfield. I don't think they're much worse than Brazil's midfield of Paulinho, Casemiro, and Augusto/Fernandinho
-Messi enough said

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Di Maria is shit.

I will never appreciate Di Maria. Piece of shit dumbfuck player.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

Argentina has at worst the 6th best team at the WC

-Aguero is a top 3-5 striker
-Di Maria has been in insane form for PSG in 2018
-Otamendi was one of the top CBs in Europe last year
-Dybala is arguably the best sub at the tournament
-Masch, Lo Celso, and Banega aren't terrible options in midfield. I don't think they're much worse than Brazil's midfield of Paulinho, Casemiro, and Augusto/Fernandinho
-Messi enough said

Why do Paulinho, Augusto and Casemiro play for Brazil, when they have so many options to choose from? Because they have proved themselve in the team and performed great when it mattered. How many of Argentinas players can you say that about? They simply don't perform, and without Messi they lost/drew to lesser teams over and over in the qualification - therefore a top 6 team or not means nothing if Messi don't perform as goat.

dakt

Chances of him lifting that trophy are very, very slim. The pressure that he has to cope with right now is not normal nor motivating, but quite sick and unrealistic especially coming from his fellow countrymen. They can be easily beaten even in the group phase if even one of them underperforms. Things can even fall apart dramatically just like it was the case with Brazil 4 years ago. If I were in his place I would give all my best, but if things go downstream, so be it. Get back home, come back to your family and enjoy in peace. He has nothing to prove IMO. Easily the best player I have ever seen by a margin. I cannot say anything for Maradona and Pele since I never watched them play, but I do know some facts like Maradona was nowhere near as successful in club football, Pele never played in Europe and of course all of them especially never played during the modern era which is far more demanding physically and talent wise.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I don't think everyone realizes just how unthankful job is to lead Argentina. So much people there hate him but at the same time think their team is great.

Messi can't win unless, of course, he wins the World Cup and even then he has to score and be mom to stop Maradona comparisons.

For me too, he has nothing to prove either as there hasn't been a better footballer in my lifetime.

NotInHere

All I hear is how Brazil are the big favorites to lift the trophy, it makes me sick to my stomach knowing Neybozo could win the WC instead of Messi

clemente

lol Messi would have 3 wc's if he had that Brazil team, only give them someone like Marcelo and that would turn Argentina team 180

Home of Barca Fans