10 - Lionel Messi - v5

RMU ReBorn

30264432_238402090062621_7088083677908828160_o.jpg

sickstar

Does anyone know the site that list total goals for every players in Europe?
Like messi with 39 goals, Ronaldo with 39 goals, salah, lewandowski and so on..

Givenchy

We may have world class high profile players but Leo still carries this team all these years later, something we shouldn't actually expect of him but something he usually ends up doing.

comparing Ronaldo to the true GOAT is an insult to Messi's talent, he IS Barcelona and the effect he has on our team is unlike anything I've seen in sport.

Ritchie

Saved by the king again.

Our dependence on Messi is so great that we are going to experience a protracted period of trough once he retires.

We will but it doesn't help that Messi is having to carry the abysmal Suarez while Neymar has left.

If Suarez was the player we signed, or we had a better striker, there'd be a lot less pressure on Messi to basically win every game for us.

Ritchie

This season feels a lot like 2012/2013

Very similar. We ended up with 100 points that season and an unbeaten season would be another big landmark masking a lot of mediocrity.

Like then I don't think we've got enough in the CL. A half fit Messi and Busquets exposed by Bayern(or Real) in the semis could be another reality. A half fit Messi having to come on in the quarters to get us past PSG.

Cule4life

The Culest
About what cushion you are talking about ? . We are only 9 points above Atleti and has to face Celta away , Madrid in camp nou were Messi hasn't scored in la liga classico since 2012 . And then we will be facing Valencia and villareal two very good sides capable of taking away points from us

As if Atleti don't have tough games left with Europa league to fight for. League is over.

Edit: Do you mean clasico in camp nou or just clasicos in general? Messi doesn't need to score himself to influence clasico.

Last edited:

RMU ReBorn

As if Atleti don't have tough games left with Europa league to fight for. League is over.

Edit: Do you mean clasico in camp nou or just clasicos in general? Messi doesn't need to score himself to influence clasico.
In camp nou he hasn't scored for 5 years ( league classico)

sickstar

Another 7 point in next three matches is enough if atletico lose to real tonight.

Still not yet winning the league but in fact it would made us potentially winning the league during El classico.

Then we don't need guard of honor. We will celebrate in front of the white.

George_Costanza

I'm guessing Messi is almost over his injury judging by the way he sprinted and looked sharper in his dribbles?

I doubt he is 100% fit. I was watching the game with an orthopedic surgeon friend of mine and judging from Messi's movement and the way he touched his hamstring muscle few times, he told me he needs more rest.

He should be on the bench for Roma game. No need to risk him unless we are losing. Semis will be very tough and need him 100%.

soul24rage

I doubt he is 100% fit. I was watching the game with an orthopedic surgeon friend of mine and judging from Messi's movement and the way he touched his hamstring muscle few times, he told me he needs more rest.

He should be on the bench for Roma game. No need to risk him unless we are losing. Semis will be very tough and need him 100%.

hmm i doubt he'll want to be on the bench for Roma game, but I do hope that he sits out the celta away game and the deportivo game

Home of Barca Fans