10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Mitchell1978

The notion that Messi is underperforming or doesn't work incredibily hard to maintain his level is ludicrous.

Those negative defaitist little trolls on this forum sometimes annoy me greatly.
Besides whats there to be down about, La Liga almost won, in good position in the Copa and the CL.
Yes his scoring average is a bit down compared to last year but the reason is barça's more conservative game this season and not his effort or form.

Like others have said, just be glad that you can enjoy him for a couple more years.

Messi

yes, these are exactly the insecurities that keep messi up at night. He's ONLY won at age of 30:

9 Liga
4 CL
5 Ballon d'or
4 European Golden Shoe
600 goals + 270 assists for barca and argentina

probably should cry himself to sleep at this woeful career.

Yeah, he is suck an under-achiever :troll:

pregra

The good thing about Messi's legacy is that every single play he has ever done on a football pitch is available for all to view in crystal clear HD. And the same for CRonaldo. There is no comparison and it will be there for all to see in hundreds of years to come. I honestly believe that Messi's legend will only rise when they've both retired, CRonaldo not to the same extent.

Gilberto

The good thing about Messi's legacy is that every single play he has ever done on a football pitch is available for all to view in crystal clear HD. And the same for CRonaldo. There is no comparison and it will be there for all to see in hundreds of years to come. I honestly believe that Messi's legend will only rise when they've both retired, CRonaldo not to the same extent.

How can I watch old(er) Barca matches in hd? Quality on footballia for instance is quite mediocre imo.

clemente

If based on highlights Pogba will be the greatest player of this generation. And because Messi is literally never doing anything flashy and is all about efficiency, Ronaldo will look way more impressive to the future people.

pregra

If based on highlights Pogba will be the greatest player of this generation. And because Messi is literally never doing anything flashy and is all about efficiency, Ronaldo will look way more impressive to the future people.
Nope. What Messi does with a ball has only been done by Maradona previously. And unless you are 12 years old, what Messi does is much more impressive than CRs pointless stepover x5 in his United days.

pregra

How can I watch old(er) Barca matches in hd? Quality on footballia for instance is quite mediocre imo.
Sorry man, was a figure of speech. I guess 90% of all Messi matches are out there in HD, not from his first 3 seasons. I've only seen that hat-trick vs Madrid in HD from those seasons.

Givenchy

If he applied himself the same way Ronaldo does with the same obsession to be the best, he'd probably have 10 Ballon d'Or's on the bounce.

As it stands Cristiano will likely go on to eclipse Messi in individual honours and out gun him in the European scoring stakes. The international trophy will only become a bigger factor in his favour as the years go on.

If he misses out on the World Cup or doesn't get his ass into gear, I think Ronaldo will fully put his legacy to shade, like it or not. Sadly, I don't think Messi even realises it.

Messi doesn't even give a shit about this 'debate', nvm realizing it. he's a team player driven by the teams success. Ray Hudson put it perfectly a few matches ago when Iniesta did a remarkable dribble he said 'wheres your fancy shmancy statistics for that?' football will never just be about stats alone.

Ronaldo is a selfish egotistical individual who will do anything to get his name in the spotlight even at the detriment of his own teammates. when the two of them retire, Messi will probably live a private quiet life while Ronaldo will likely come out the closet, star in hollywood films and boast similair to Pele so it remains fresh in our minds how great he was.

only way Ronaldo could 'eclipse' Messi is if he led Portugal to a WC win being top scorer and thats not going to happen :andre:

Joan

Are you trolling? :troll:

clemente

Nope. What Messi does with a ball has only been done by Maradona previously. And unless you are 12 years old, what Messi does is much more impressive than CRs pointless stepover x5 in his United days.

Lmao 14 year old calling others 12 year olds, you completely missed my point, its about who is more flashy, thats what people that aren't very invested into football will look at, there is way more flashy shit from Ronaldo than Messi. His flashyness is doing the most simpe efficient things at the highest level, which people watching these compilations won't understand, this is why Ronaldo will look more impressive, nobody puts his useless stepovers in the videos, and even if they do people will think that these are the best stepovers in the history.

Joan

Lmao 14 year old calling others 12 year olds, you completely missed my point, its about who is more flashy, thats what people that aren't very invested into football will look at, there is way more flashy shit from Ronaldo than Messi. His flashyness is doing the most simpe efficient things at the highest level, which people watching these compilations won't understand, this is why Ronaldo will look more impressive, nobody puts his useless stepovers in the videos, and even if they do people will think that these are the best stepovers in the history.
This is simply stupid. Sorry to say.

I've been debating this topic for years and never seen this. Ronaldo more flashy? More attractive?
Could you link us those videos?

Messi is (one of) the best dribblers ever, what's more 'flashy' in football than that?

Gilberto

Sorry man, was a figure of speech. I guess 90% of all Messi matches are out there in HD, not from his first 3 seasons. I've only seen that hat-trick vs Madrid in HD from those seasons.

Alright, no worries man. :)
Sometimes I wish a football equivalent of netflix existed. With thousands of matches in good quality.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
This is simply stupid. Sorry to say.

I've been debating this topic for years and never seen this. Ronaldo more flashy? More attractive?
Could you link us those videos?

Messi is (one of) the best dribblers ever, what's more 'flashy' in football than that?

Flashy meaning being extra or overdoing it. Have you not seen CR in his Man Utd days?

Home of Barca Fans