10 - Lionel Messi - v5

NotInHere

He had GOAT type Copa America performance though.
Argentina couldn't get it done, Leo missing that penalty also left a lot of people unhappy, the majority of people remember that more then his GOAT performance.
That's why a lot of people are still running with the "Messi doesn't play like he does for Barcelona" shtick, I hear it from supposed professional "Football" minds, is it true? Not at all, all one has to do is watch a full Argentina match.

JamDav1982

Messi was Argentina's best player . Even against Holland he was clutch but couldn't find the back of the net . He had an excellent Qf against Belgium . Higuain's goal was after Messi did a xavi kinda u turn in midfield . He created an enormous chance for ADM which would have been the assist of that wc had he converted it . It was during that moment ADM got injured . He has been playing shit ever since that injury .

Messi was no great v Holland he more or less had one decent run then was barely moving to point people were discussing taking him off.

The best players in the semi for Argentina were likes of Masch and then Romero for the pens.

Messi in that tounament never really had a properly dominant game other than v Nigeria. He has some great moments and was Argies best player overall but was nothing amazing or his usual dominant self. He looked tired for most of it really.

Was hard on him though as Argies had came in tournament as probably the best counter attacking team in intl football. Messi, Aguero, Di Maria and Higuain were destroying teams on the break.

Two of them got injured and that approach was binned and went more defensive with fleeting moments from likes of Messi to try and win games.

Last edited:

RMU ReBorn

Messi was no great v Holland he more or less had one decent run then was barely moving to point people were discussing taking him off.

The best players in the semi for Argentina were likes of Masch and then Romero for the pens.

Messi in that tounament never really had a properly dominant game other than v Nigeria. He has some great moments and was Argies best player overall but was nothing amazing or his usual dominant self. He looked tired for most of it really.

Was hard on him though as Argies had came in tournament as probably the best counter attacking team in intl football. Messi, Aguero, Di Maria and Higuain were destroying teams on the break.

Two of them got injured and that approach was binned and went more defensive with fleeting moments from likes of Messi to try and win games.
I didn't said he dominated the match . i said he was great against Holland . Mascherano was Motm against Holland and Messi was Motm in all the other matchs prior to that in my opinion . That's why i said Messi was Argentina's best player overall .

JamDav1982

I didn't said he dominated the match . i said he was grear against Holland . Mascherano was Motm against Holland and Messi was Motm in all the other matchs prior to that in my opinion . That's why i said Messi was Argentina's best player overall .

He wasnt even close to great v Holland though. He had one very good moment which could have set up winner and other than that Ron fucking Vlar was getting better of him.

Was their best player overall probably just better than likes of Masch but he was he was good in flashes and not a constant threat really bar Nigeria and to lesser extent Belgium.

As said though I thought he looked knackered from start and Argies had to change way they played.

Last edited:

RMU ReBorn

He wasnt even close to great v Holland though. He had one very good moment which could have set up winner and other than that Ron fucking Vlar was getting better of him.

Was their best player overall probably just better than likes of Masch but he was he was good in flashes and not a constant threat really bar Nigeria and to lesser extent Belgium.

As said though I thought he looked knackered from start and Argies had to change way they played.
Jesus . Again you posted the same with few changes . what's the point . i stick with what i said . He was great against Holland and was Argentina's best player in the tournament . His best performance came against Belgium . A game in which he didn't scored or assisted .

JamDav1982

Jesus . Again you posted the same with few changes . what's the point . i stick with what i said . He was great against Holland and was Argentina's best player in the tournament . His best performance came against Belgium . A game in which he didn't scored or assisted .

No he wasnt great against Holland or even close. Probably not even in Argies top 4/5 players that tie and Ron Vlaar got better of him.

Was just Argies best player overall but GK and defence got them through that semi final and were not far behind.

His best performance was Nigeria.

RMU ReBorn

No he wasnt great against Holland or even close. Probably not even in Argies top 4/5 players that tie and Ron Vlaar got better of him.

Was just Argies best player overall but GK and defence got them through that semi final and were not far behind.

His best performance was Nigeria.
Fine you stick with what you believe . For me he was great against Holland and his best performance was against Belgium .

JamDav1982

Fine you stick with what you believe . For me he was great against Holland and his best performance was against Belgium .

Not what I believe you just cant seem to handle he didnt play well every game..

Can keep repeating it all you like and you probably do believe it but go look back at the ratings handed out in that game and Messi was not even close to being great or one of Argentinas better players v Netherlands.

RMU ReBorn

Not what I believe you just cant seem to handle he didnt play well every game..

Can keep repeating it all you like and you probably do believe it but go look back at the ratings handed out in that game and Messi was not even close to being great or one of Argentinas better players v Netherlands.
I don't believe in ratings . I am off the opinion that one should have their own say on how a player played and how a team played rather than looking at all the bullshits in the internet . From what i saw he was great against Holland and was Argentina's best player in the tournament. Don't care about what others think of me honestly

JamDav1982

I don't believe in ratings . I am off the opinion that one should have their own say on how a player played and how a team played rather than looking at all the bullshits in the internet . From what i saw he was great against Holland and was Argentina's best player in the tournament. Don't care about what others think of me honestly

Haha of course you dont 'believe in ratings' as want to think Messi was 'great' when he wasnt.

Messi was average at best v Netherlands and had one good moment that could have created winner.

Not even close to one of their better players that game.

RMU ReBorn

Haha of course you dont 'believe in ratings' as want to think Messi was 'great' when he wasnt.

Messi was average at best v Netherlands and had one good moment that could have created winner.

Not even close to one of their better players that game.
It depends on what you think about me which doesn't bother me one bit . for me Messi was great against Holland . you interpret that in anyway you want. I don't believe in ratings . They don't provide full story :)

JamDav1982

It depends on what you think about me which doesn't bother me one bit . for me Messi was great against Holland . you interpret that in anyway you want. I don't believe in ratings . They don't provide full story :)

Not looking for you to be bothered.

The fact you think Messi was 'Great' in that game when he clearly wasnt says it all.

JamDav1982

He was in my opinion. Doesn't care what you thunk of that . I don't get offended with your opinions

Of course he was in your opinion. Which is the point.

Not offended just you cant handle Messi was not good let alone great in that game says it all.

'I dont care how he played I think he was great'.

Home of Barca Fans