10 - Lionel Messi - v5

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah but i think he drops deep because the team lacks creativity in midfield without him.

I hope once Coutinho and Dembele get full integrated with the team he can stay upfront (around the opposite box) more.

When, if that happens, Messi need to start moving more. If he's standing still it won't do him any good.

serghei

Messi needs to start running in the CL matches. He can't be putting in weak numbers in the effort department. In these games, when all teams are good or great, the motivation, will and effort you put in to win a football game is often more important than the amount of talent or genius you have.

Madrid dicked PSG around based on will, mentality and motivation to win. That's what makes them a force in CL. They have an extra gear that they get into in these CL games.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Yeah but i think he drops deep because the team lacks creativity in midfield without him.

I hope once Coutinho and Dembele get full integrated with the team he can stay upfront (around the opposite box) more.

He should be dropping deep at times but not if him doing that then slows game down and makes it less likely team can create.

It is as much on his team mates who when see him give him the ball. There is no one in team really that will help dictate the tempo and probe other team looking for gaps when do that.

It becomes slow passing until Messi comes for it and then Messi plays like a second striker and goes for throat of opposition when has it. Often losing ball as so many men behind it.

Barca barely break unless it is Messi who picks up ball and drives at opposition. He needs to move away from ball more and help offer up options that way as well.

This is not blaming Messi but in many way he is the biggest strength of the team with his ability on the ball and one of biggest weaknesses in making it a bit one dimensional and all falls on him.

Last edited:

Stoichkov1

Messi needs to start running in the CL matches. He can't be putting in weak numbers in the effort department. In these games, when all teams are good or great, the motivation, will and effort you put in to win a football game is often more important than the amount of talent or genius you have.

Madrid dicked PSG around based on will, mentality and motivation to win. That's what makes them a force in CL. They have an extra gear that they get into in these CL games.

Won't happen especially in a world cup year.

pregra

The way his physical condition is at the moment, I doubt he can even make 3 sprints with the ball each half. After every little burst, no matter how early in the game it is, he stands there bent over with hands on knees gasping for air. This year it's worse than ever. Strange how his stamina is that shit.

FinBarcelonafan

Too early to say, but it looks like RM is heading for another CL trophy, third time in row....no chances for Leo if he doesn't step up or get lucky.

Only way he could beat Ronaldo, If he wins CL is to win the World Cup in dominating way. Basically impossible with Argentina.

FinBarcelonafan

The way his physical condition is at the moment, I doubt he can even make 3 sprints with the ball each half. After every little burst, no matter how early in the game it is, he stands there bent over with hands on knees gasping for air. This year it's worse than ever. Strange how his stamina is that shit.

Especially last few games it's been obvious. He needs break.. That's what Argentinian coaches told Barcelona as well. Give Messi a break!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Every other player is doing a lot to win trophies now and I'm sure they too are desperate for WC glory.

Messi cannot walk around or stand still in the CL this season. The WC is no excuse. He should tell EV to rest him in the league instead if he cannot do both.

JamDav1982

Especially last few games it's been obvious. He needs break.. That's what Argentinian coaches told Barcelona as well. Give Messi a break!

He has been given some breaks and really should not be all that tired by now.

Feels more of an issue that he is trying to both play and rest a bit by not going flat out.

Better for team if he sat out a game and let others get on with it than playing while holding back.

KingLeo10

he should go all out for barca and consider argentina bonus. he has a much higher chance of winning the treble than winning the WC. :lol:

M

MessiCam

It is not how he has played his whole career and team is built to Messi not Suarez.

Not suprised he gets a lot of passes as I said he trots into position and players look for him too much. As I said he would be more effective if he held a position more and moved away from man on ball etc but he comes to ball and everyone defers to him.
It’s exactly how he has played. He has never really ran into spaces but rather ran at defences with the ball with the view of opening up spaces or collecting the ball to pick a pass. But never ever have I seen him make 90 passes in a game.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JPeI419Qd0g

With this 4-2-3-1 he is having to to do the donkey work too but it’s already become very evident that he is going to take the blame for any losses.

JamDav1982

It’s exactly how he has played. He has never really ran into spaces but rather ran at defences with the ball with the view of opening up spaces or collecting the ball to pick a pass. But never ever have I seen him make 90 passes in a game.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JPeI419Qd0g

With this 4-2-3-1 he is having to to do the donkey work too but it’s already become very evident that he is going to take the blame for any losses.

It isnt exactly how he has played and his movement has been better in past and he has also held position more in the past.

So you are saying it is way he has always played but never seen him make 90 passes? Cant have it both ways.

Home of Barca Fans