10 - Lionel Messi - v5

clemente

Lmao that senior fuccboi running away from Messi with his CL goals again, one for Kroos dive and accidental knee another, just the thought of that cunt lifting the balon dor again disgusts me.

likeafire

Feel sorry for Messi, Ronaldo gets lucky every single season. Last season with his offside goals and Bayern should've knocked them out. This season, ball bouncing off him and going in and getting a dodgy pen again.

He's gonna win the ballon dor that poser

dakt

Too early to say, but it looks like RM is heading for another CL trophy, third time in row....no chances for Leo if he doesn't step up or get lucky.

M

MessiCam

Can't you guys go pollute other threads with your negativity and defaitism.

What do you want me to say? Valverde has made his decision and that is that Suárez will play upfront with Messi as his skeevy.

I can already see Messi taking the blame if the team struggles despite the team being geared to another.

JamDav1982

What do you want me to say? Valverde has made his decision and that is that Suárez will play upfront with Messi as his skeevy.

I can already see Messi taking the blame if the team struggles despite the team being geared to another.

The team is geared to Messi and to lesser extent Suarez.

Within that the players look for Messi too much and if his movement is slow the whole build up will be slow and not enough variety.

It makes it harder for Messi to have any impact.

kattanib

Feel sorry for Messi, Ronaldo gets lucky every single season. Last season with his offside goals and Bayern should've knocked them out. This season, ball bouncing off him and going in and getting a dodgy pen again.

Feel sorry for Messi that some people can only define him by comparing him to someone else.

Mitchell1978

I don't see this team as being geared to another because Suarez is usually highest up the field.

And untill now with no Dembele (who still doesn't seem fully fit) and no Coutinho it made sense playing Suarez and Messi up front together.

Truthist

Messi will have to step up in the champions league but wait we've been busy burning his energy in copa del ray games so instead of coming into the business end of champions league nice and fresh, he'll probably be jaded.

We never learn.

Stoichkov1

Within that the players look for Messi too much and if his movement is slow the whole build up will be slow and not enough variety.

The team is geared to Messi because the other players aren't good enough.

pregra

Messi won't win another Ballon d'Or unfortunately with the award having become so insanely goal"centric". A shame but with him needing 10 matches to equal the amount of chances as CR gets in one single game, it's impossible. For Argentina/Portugal it's even worse. In today's match, 25% of CR's touches on the ball during the whole game were shots/finishes.

M

MessiCam

That is how he has played his entire career... And no, the squad is not geared towards Messi in this 4-2-3-1 because he is picking up the ball so deep. He is doing all the creative work in the centre.

Did you know that Messi had over 90 passes against Valencia. 90 freaking passes... For a forward. Now I can maybe understand 40 - 50 passes per match but nearly 100.

JamDav1982

That is how he has played his entire career... And no, the squad is not geared towards Messi in this 4-2-3-1 because he is picking up the ball so deep.

Did you know that Messi had over 90 passes against Valencia. 90 freaking passes... For a forward. Now I can maybe understand 40 - 50 passes per match but nearly 100.

It is not how he has played his whole career and team is built to Messi not Suarez.

Not suprised he gets a lot of passes as I said he trots into position and players look for him too much. As I said he would be more effective if he held a position more and moved away from man on ball etc but he comes to ball and everyone defers to him.

Mitchell1978

It is not how he has played his whole career and team is built to Messi not Suarez.

Not suprised he gets a lot of passes as I said he trots into position and players look for him too much. As I said he would be more effective if he held a position more and moved away from man on ball etc but he comes to ball and everyone defers to him.

Yeah but i think he drops deep because the team lacks creativity in midfield without him.

I hope once Coutinho and Dembele get full integrated with the team he can stay upfront (around the opposite box) more.

Home of Barca Fans