10 - Lionel Messi - v5

pregra

Will be a non-factor vs Chelsea for sure. Season after season he barely sits out a single game. Should learn from Madrid/CR - who gives a shit about Copa del rey when your biggest rival wins the CL?

CatalinR10

I thought that with these 300 mil signings , not to mention with Iniesta +Busi and etc he will get balls put on a silver plater only to be easily scored but i guess he needs to create clear chances/ score by his own creations most of the time for the team to do good.

pregra

Been ages since Messi scored a simple goal like CR got two of yesterday. He has to work like hell just to get a clear cut chance. But he also just stands around with 10 opponents between him and the goal for 90% of the match, so there’s that.

bismp

Needs to rest/figure this out ASAP.He needs to be in top form if he's going to win the CL and/or the WC

Ripsta

Been ages since Messi scored a simple goal like CR got two of yesterday. He has to work like hell just to get a clear cut chance. But he also just stands around with 10 opponents between him and the goal for 90% of the match, so there’s that.

There's your answer.

Truth is when Suarez plays he pretty much reduces Messi's effectiveness by half.

He's a dreadful player who should be benched ASAP, get Leo back to the false 9 role and forbid him to go anywhere near the halfway line.

Mitchell1978

There's your answer.

Truth is when Suarez plays he pretty much reduces Messi's effectiveness by half.

He's a dreadful player who should be benched ASAP, get Leo back to the false 9 role and forbid him to go anywhere near the halfway line.

A good Suarez is a plus, also for Messi who has scored plenty and won the golden shoe last season playing along Suarez.
But a clumsy Suarez or one that is offside all the time isn't.

Valverde's consevative 4-4-2 is ok when you're playing strong team or teams that want to attack against us, against team that park a double buss not so much.

kollegah

standing between 3+ opponents without any urgency to move or to get into dangerous space.
As a teammate (sergi Roberto in particular, who works his ass off the whole time) I would be pissed

Again no goal, I dont believe it. Agüero or Kane will win the golden boot, its so annoying as Messi has much less oppurtinities to score a goal than them and still has so many goals scored. Aguero has every match 10 chances to score a goal and still only is able to score 1 goal per match most of the time. Thats why he is so bad in argentinia, there you have only 2-3 chances per game.

booge

Is it just me or does Messi keep doing the same thing, and you just know he is going to get defended against before it even happens.

BruceWayne11

These last games, it has become pretty predictable how he attacks. Doesn't help that all of the teams pretty much defended for their lives. Seems he rarely gets a good opportunity on goal. They're all so ready for him cutting inside and shooting. 2 banks are also much harder to do this to...

Home of Barca Fans