10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Ripsta

Well, this time he's up against Alonso, Moses, Cahill. Christensen and Azpilicueta.

That's not quite Carvalho, Terry, Cole and Ferreira/Ivanovic.

He should be bagging at least 2 or 3 over the course of the two legs. Kante is the one to watch though, his presence in midfield allows players like Hazard to go and express themselves, and his form can be hit and miss (let's just fucking hope he's not in the mood though!!!)

henias

[tw]945320965558456320[/tw]

It's not rocket science. Messi has always utilised his quick acceleration to reach his top speed, and then quickly decelerating in a short span of time. All this uses alot of anaerobic respiration and causes muscle fatigue which can easily tire him out quickly. I play football and constantly sprinting is no joke, what's more Messi has a smaller body and muscle mass to produce that many output: He has to save his energy for those lethal burst of speed.

Which is why he could complete 6 dribbles even with so much walking but overall he played a more effective game than any other player on the field.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

It's not rocket science. Messi has always utilised his quick acceleration to reach his top speed, and then quickly decelerating in a short span of time. All this uses alot of anaerobic respiration and causes muscle fatigue which can easily tire him out quickly. I play football and constantly sprinting is no joke, what's more Messi has a smaller body and muscle mass to produce that many output: He has to save his energy for those lethal burst of speed.

Which is why he could complete 6 dribbles even with so much walking but overall he played a more effective game than any other player on the field.

vs Real he was even defending. He doesn't normally do that. I think he got the ball back defending couple times. Impressive game from him.

mesiesta

Harry Kane just scored a goal and tied with Messi in the 2017 goal run. He still has about 65 minutes to take the lead.

Total-Football

walking around the pitch is never good I see these comments and I expected them. understandably tho... but the truth of the matter is: had messi been more dynamic his produce would have been triple of that.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

walkimg around the pitch is never good I see these comments and I expected them. understandably tho... but the truth of the matter is: had messi been more dynamic his produce would have been triple of that.
But he would burn out quicker, get injured more and unable to play 90 minutes 55 games a year.
I dont mind the ‘resting in games’ stuff as long as he fully commits in big games, when we are down and durung the ko phase of the cl.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't listen to him, he's massive Neymar fanboy and never misses opportunity to take jabs at Messi. Even now lol

Home of Barca Fans