10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Ripsta

Even Messi's starting to get bogged down by the pile of shite he has to play alongside.

That would only be applicable if he made himself available for passes and chances were being wasted.

Bar the Neymar one he was completely out of it. Very disappointing today.

Ritchie

That would only be applicable if he made himself available for passes and chances were being wasted.

Bar the Neymar one he was completely out of it. Very disappointing today.

It's not like any of the useless dicks can pass a ball or do anything with it. He has to start most of the moves himself.

Ripsta

Besides the point mate, one too many times he'll just walk behind an oppo player or watch as his team mate is surrounded. It annoys the fuck out of me.

If that was anyone else but Messi they'd have been dropped a long time ago, only difference is Messi can pull a rabbit out his arse at any moment.

Any other game and we just accept it, against Real Madrid though, 6 points behind? Nah.

jamrock

I expected better from the great man, the worst player of the front 3 today, probably one of the worst on the pitch.

Now that I typed that, I will go ahead and chop my hands off.

perardgique

I don't know why he doesnt try to ask for ball more when he sees that he plays with monkeys like neymar,gomes and suarez. He was heavily marked and since he doesn't have stamina nor great pace it is not hard to do that. But if 3 guys are constantly on Messi you would expect someone to do something with the empty space but noooooo.. It frustrates me a little bit that he doesn't yell on stupid neymar when he does useless things and lose the ball, he is just quiet and walks. Both times when Atletico kicked us out of the Champions league, he was like that.
Low confidence probably. He needs a real coach to give him confidence in those situations.

Even though his chance was not that easy it reminded me of the one against Germany (whoaa another big game). He scores that 13/15 times, yet he misses the 2 most important ones. Bad first touch also, little bit fast ball from iniesta on the other hand.

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

I expected better from the great man, the worst player of the front 3 today, probably one of the worst on the pitch.

Now that I typed that, I will go ahead and chop my hands off.

:lol:

I think Suarez was the worst of the front 3, but he scored his chance. Messi had to do better.

perardgique

:lol:

I think Suarez was the worst of the front 3, but he scored his chance. Messi had to do better.

Did you see that Neymar guy?! If it wasn't for that dribbling on Carvajal and a shot for youtube highlights reel he would be by far the worst player in our team. "Hey I'm Neymar, there are 2 Madrid players approaching me, 2 of my teammates are free.. Let me just wait till they make a foul on me." Garbage overrated player. Sell and buy a player who does what a team (not youtube) needs him to do.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
True, even in 2012 a lot of people claimed he was best in 2011.
Probably if we take a wider period its arsenal match until psg away that was his ultimate peak. He is still 10/10 though, its just different now. More playmaking, better vision, passing ,less dribbles, goals and explosiveness.

Arsenal in April 2010 to PSG in April 2013?

Yeah I agree with that.

NotInHere

Welp I was excited to come back home from work and read the headlines, "Messi with an amazing game wins the game for Barca" but like the past clasicos this was yet another disappointing match I'm assuming

jj_101

This shitty run all started when he decided to bleech his hair and grow that rediculous beard, his teammates can't even recognize who they are playing with.

Home of Barca Fans