10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Ritchie

Yeah, he also has to create 2 or 3 big chances per match besides score 3 because our colective play is beyond shit. This guy has to do 90% of our attacking play

Only the most selfish Barca fan would expect him to stay for more of this. He can't achieve anything among such dross.

It's sad for football he's wasting the rest of his career like this.

Sorin

Messi is expected to score on every chance. While others are excused because they managed to get a good cross in for the whole match

Only the most selfish Barca fan would expect him to stay for more of this. He can't achieve anything among such dross.

It's sad for football he's wasting the rest of his career like this.

Imagine how loyal of a man you'd have to be to sign an extension to play with crap like Suarez, Rakitic, Gomes, Deulofeu, Denis, Paco etc every match and watch the team fuck up every chance you serve to them on a platter.

Nobody on this team apart from Iniesta and maybe Dembele attacking wise can keep up with him.

Glad he's here, but this is just sad.

Will definitely have a bitter taste in my mouth when CR7 retires with 6-7 CLs, 7-8 Ballon D'ors and be regarded as the better player.

Jakabor

Imagine how loyal of a man you'd have to be to sign an extension to play with crap like Suarez, Rakitic, Gomes, Deulofeu, Denis, Paco etc every match and watch the team fuck up every chance you serve to them on a platter.

Nobody on this team apart from Iniesta and maybe Dembele attacking wise can keep up with him.

Glad he's here, but this is just sad.

Will definitely have a bitter taste in my mouth when CR7 retires with 6-7 CLs, 7-8 Ballon D'ors and be regarded as the better player.

Lol. Ronaldo won't be regarded as the better player. Well, maybe by box score watchers (even though Messi has the better goal/match and assist/match ratio) and people who only look at Balon d'Ors. Balon is a popularity contest, not a reflection of who actually the best. That's why a lot of people, including the media still call Messi the best player in the world and compare him to the greatest (Maradona, Pele) all while a Ronaldo hold the official title of the "world's best player".

Mitchell1978

Lol. Ronaldo won't be regarded as the better player. Well, maybe by box score watchers (even though Messi has the better goal/match and assist/match ratio) and people who only look at Balon d'Ors. Balon is a popularity contest, not a reflection of who actually the best. That's why a lot of people, including the media still call Messi the best player in the world and compare him to the greatest (Maradona, Pele) all while a Ronaldo hold the official title of the "world's best player".

Same thing with Lebron, hasn't won an MVP in 4/5 years but everybody still recognices him as the best player in the world.

Sorin

Same thing with Lebron, hasn't won an MVP in 4/5 years but everybody still recognices him as the best player in the world.

Yeah Lebron is a good comparison. The usual Kobe stans are the Cronaldo fans of Nba.

Still the difference between Lebron and Curry/Harden/KD is smaller than Messi and the rest.

C'mon in 20 years do you really think the kiddies are going think Messi was greater? They'll just look at the trophies and individual awards and see Ronaldo has more. Even if they go on YouTube and watch highlights of both of them they won't be able to tell Messi is better since Ronaldo has a shit ton of dribbles and great individual moments from his United days which will be enough to amaze them.

Little will they know Ronaldo was just a a wasteful step over machine at United and a mere poacher at Madrid that relied on service to pad his numbers.

Jakabor

C'mon in 20 years do you really think the kiddies are going think Messi was greater? They'll just look at the trophies and individual awards and see Ronaldo has more. Even if they go on YouTube and watch highlights of both of them they won't be able to tell Messi is better since Ronaldo has a shit ton of dribbles and great individual moments from his United days which will be enough to amaze them.

Little will they know Ronaldo was just a a wasteful step over machine at United and a mere poacher at Madrid that relied on service to pad his numbers.

Who the fuck cares what kiddies think? If that's the premise of your argument, then I don't know what to say. Jesus, I thought you were talking about something with more substance. Not offense to the youth, but their frickle mind don't concern me much.

Who the fuck cares what kiddies think? If that's the premise of your argument, then I don't know what to say. Jesus, I thought you were talking about something with more substance. Not offense to the youth, but their frickle mind don't concern me much.

The kiddies are going to be the adults of tomorrow whom shape public opinion and in their minds if they think Ronaldo was better, the generations after them likely will too.

Jakabor

The kiddies are going to be the adults of tomorrow whom shape public opinion and in their minds if they think Ronaldo was better, the generations after them likely will too.

That seems completely off base to me. The kiddies have nowhere near the power to create the narrative you're suggesting. Sorry, but there are a lot of other people watching football in the world, and in the group of kiddies there are also a lot who don't share your view in terms of Ronaldo being remembered as the greater player. You're not going to change my mind about this, because IMO your premise is way off base.

That seems completely off base to me. The kiddies have nowhere near the power to create the narrative you're suggesting. Sorry, but there are a lot of other people watching football in the world, and in the group of kiddies there are also a lot who don't share your view in terms of Ronaldo being remembered as the greater player. You're not going to change my mind about this, because IMO your premise is way off base.

Of course they have the power to create the narrative that Ronaldo was better. The people that have actually watched both play will be far outnumbered by those who haven't in a couple decades and there will be a lot of revisionist history going on.

booge

The kiddies just need to watch Messi. Then they will report back to their fellow kiddies on who is the GOAT

Raketa10

He had a great game. Unfortunately his teammates are so fucking incapable that even his great performance is not enough for a win agains Celta at home.

Put him in Real or City squad and he would win 3x Ballon d’Or in a row. I feel sorry for him, his ingeniousness is victim of current Barca squad. Without him Barca wouldn't be in top 5 teams in La Liga. We are that bad!

Last edited:

FCBfan22

If I was Barca coach, I would experiment in the Sporting game in the first half and play him in a false 9 again surrounded by different players and see how that works. We can sub him off at halftime. With the first team, he is trying to hard to find Suarez and hoping to achieve that, he tends to try impossible passes or dribbling through 5 defenders instead of utilizing the full backs or wingers (if they are playing). I would field this team for a half and see what happens.

--------------Ter Stegen------------
Semedo--Pique-----Costas--Digne
---------------Oriol B.---------------
--------Alena---------Denis--------
-Roberto------Messi----------Alba-

We sub Messi for Alcacer and Alba for Arnaiz at the half.

We need to give Alba a shot at LW. He is essentially playing as a wing-back now and seems to have a magical connection to Messi. And the Sporting game is a game against decent opponent, where we can try how he would work with Roberto and Alba on the wings.

Another option is that we try to play him with Arnaiz on the wing and see how things work out that way.

Essentialy, we need to see how different players or same players in different positions work with Messi, because right now he needs some help. Badly.

Last edited:

bismp

People ahould stop complaining about Barcelona “ruining Messi’s legacy”.

Some of you have really short memories.Messi is the GOAT,but he has also played with dozens of stars and all-time greats during his club career.

He was fortunate enough to start as a prodigy in a team led by Ronaldinho,Eto’o,Puyol,Deco etc.

Then he spent a big chunk of his career playing with the best mildfield duo in history:Xavi and Iniesta.During that time period he also had other world-class teammates like Alves,Pique,Busi,Villa etc.

When that team started declining he got a new set of superstar teammates for help:Suarez,Neymar,Mats,Umtiti,Rakitic(he may not be performing well at the moment,but he was a great signing for us).

The last couple of transfer windows haven’t been great for us,but it’s not like the market is brimming with prospects.No player will replace Xavi and great midfielders like Verratti are not for sale.

Messi has been the greatest player in history and we are blessed that he has spent all his career with us,but Messi himself has benefited.Barcelona took him in when he was just 13,provided a good life for his family and solved his growth hormone disorder.He provided him world-class help for the most part of his career.Without them Messi wouldn’t have had 5 Bdors,4 CLs and like 8 La Ligas iirc.Messi has also spent almost 20 years in Barcelona.It is his home and the home of his children.

He loves Barca and bleeds Blaugrana.People who want him gone to City or PSG are just glory-hunters.Besides,we may be mediocre at the moment,but we are still fighting for titles.

Home of Barca Fans