10 - Lionel Messi - v5

dakt

He was really good in my book. Clumsy on couple of occasions, but could had couple of assists easily. Also made one great run towards the box while monkeying around with Sevillas players. None of his acceleration is gone.

Horatio

You're welcome
He was pretty solid, trying to direct the game constantly. You could tell he wasn't out to score today.

Neeraj

Wow, must have been watching a different game. Thought he was unreal at times today, and overall, was very VERY good. A couple of give aways and no goals and suddenly he's being compared to Suarez? :lol:

He should have had a couple of assists with some sublime through balls. Also, he ran a LOT more than he usually does. How was this a poor performance, barring a couple of give aways which didn't cost us anything? Not to mention that he is obviously going to give the ball away considering nobody else will do anything even REMOTELY attacking with the ball.

booge

Wow, must have been watching a different game. Thought he was unreal at times today, and overall, was very VERY good. A couple of give aways and no goals and suddenly he's being compared to Suarez? :lol:

He should have had a couple of assists with some sublime through balls. Also, he ran a LOT more than he usually does. How was this a poor performance, barring a couple of give aways which didn't cost us anything? Not to mention that he is obviously going to give the ball away considering nobody else will do anything even REMOTELY attacking with the ball.

You were not watching a different game. He ran the show. Even the commentators were amazed. If you have noticed a trend in this forum there is no doubt a group of trolls.Basically no matter what happens they are going to post a negative post.It's a modern day phenomenon to have hit online social forums and media.

When there is anonymity, you are likely to get this. If you go on youtube and have a look at the comments, you'll soon realize what I am talking about.
There was even a program about it where people set up offices with multiple computers and post according to their political agenda.

I son't think it's like that here but deffo this forum has a virus of trolls. So again I repeat you were not watching a different game Neeraj.

M

MessiCam

It wasn’t classic Messi but it wasn’t poor by any stretch of the imagination. He was basically playing as a midfielder.

That’s what the GOAT has been reduced to. A midfielder, so Suárez can make the starting 11.

JamDav1982

I thought he was poor.

Had some good moment but most of them nowhere near the goals and he and Suarez barely defended in second half and lost the ball far too often when Barca needed to relieve a bit of pressure.

Messi isnt an AM. He is too attack minded for it and wants to go for kill when has ball rather than dictating tempo. Particularly late in game yesterday it seemed either a chance or lost the ball when felt like needed more than that as they looked dangerous on break.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
If anyone thinks Messi had a good game, you gotta check your eyes (or brain). He misplaced the most simple passes, lost possession plenty of times and was not dangerous at all in attack.
Work rate was okay at times but apart from that his performance was awful.

As I said team bailed him out and that is how it should be if Messi has one of those occasional bad games.

hulinat

If anyone thinks Messi had a good game, you gotta check your eyes (or brain). He misplaced the most simple passes, lost possession plenty of times and was not dangerous at all in attack.
Work rate was okay at times but apart from that his performance was awful.

As I said team bailed him out and that is how it should be if Messi has one of those occasional bad games.

did you miss those 2 through balls that should/could have led to goals and when he dribbled past like 6 players TWICE?

kilian

He had a Neymaresque performance. Occasional genius move in an otherwise average performance with quite a few misplaced passes and lost balls. I remember one counterattack that he went into a dribble instead of passing it and ended fucking it up. If he and Suarez weren`t so wasteful, we would`ve killed the game much sooner.

But what is there to say, even a GOAT can have an average game.

Horatio

You're welcome
Messi isnt an AM. He is too attack minded for it and wants to go for kill when has ball rather than dictating tempo. Particularly late in game yesterday it seemed either a chance or lost the ball when felt like needed more than that as they looked dangerous on break.

That's right. In the last 20 minutes he was trying to make a goal himself. Doesn't take away that he did act as an AM the rest of it.

Home of Barca Fans