10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Gordo101

Spends half of the time pulling captains armband up. Is not even a leader.

What put me of Messi the most was that season where he didn't like the manager and spent 1/2 the game sulking around the 1/2 way line (because he was made to play on the wing).

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I sincerely hope he won`t play like that for Barcelona, because we won`t win shit.
Messi played one of his best seasons ever last season and look what we won. That was with a better team too. I don't think it matters how Messi plays, cause we won't win anything significant this season either after we fucked up one of the most important transfer windows for us in years. We HAD to get a midfielder.

clemente

Feels like you didn't watch it. Messi was easily marked as he didn't move all that much. Never had four player on him each tine though.

It wasn't a case of Messi playing well and rest being shit, they were all poor and had little impact. The best player for Argentina was Di Maria in his 20 mins on the park.

Di Maria? Really?? He is the sorriest bitch in that whole team, its Sampaoli that fucked up the subs completely, that the game somehow got worse in the 2nd half. Go watch Di Maria highlights of that game if someone made that, and tell me agian that he was the best player.

kilian

Are you fucking retarded? He was the only player in that sorry ass "team", everytime he got the ball he was immediately marked by at least 4 players, and still made the best passes and was dangerous, what the fuck do you even want him to do? This is a team game, and he has nothing to work with, same as in Barcelona.

Go talk to your mama like that. You know shit about football, so when you learn the basics of football and how to behave come back to discuss something.

Idiot.

kilian

Messi played one of his best seasons ever last season and look what we won. That was with a better team too. I don't think it matters how Messi plays, cause we won't win anything significant this season either after we fucked up one of the most important transfer windows for us in years. We HAD to get a midfielder.

I know, but he is my last hope for this season. We are in a shit situation, but we can hope, right?

clemente

Go talk to your mama like that. You know shit about football, so when you learn the basics of football and how to behave come back to discuss something.

Idiot.

Fuck off, if you think Messi is the problem of Argentina, then its you who is absolutely clueless about football. I watch the game, I feel sorry for Messi that he has to deal with that shit team, then I come to the forum and see people bashing Messi here, just pathetic.

kilian

Fuck off, if you think Messi is the problem of Argentina, then its you who is absolutely clueless about football. I watch the game, I feel sorry for Messi that he has to deal with that shit team, then I come to the forum and see people bashing Messi here, just pathetic.

I see, you have a problem with understanding written sentences too. I never said that he is the problem of Argentina, but never mind. Discussing something with a brainless ill-behaved child like you is pointless.

End of discussion for me.

Sorin

I know, but he is my last hope for this season. We are in a shit situation, but we can hope, right?

Hope, I understand, but if you expect Messi to be Xavi, Iniesta and Suarez all rolled into 1 for every match possible then that't a bit unrealistic. That's exactly what he needs to do for us to be in contention for trophies. Contrary to popular belief he's still human and as a human it is hard to expect him to pass, score, move off the ball or rip defences apart with dribbling. Even harder when he's not in his 20's anymore. Messi's lack of movement is evident but understandable since he has to do so much already. Attracting so much attention already opens tons of space for other players.

See last season. Neymar and Suarez had space on the pitch to open a cattle farm because Messi pulled 2-3 defenders everytime even with his lack of movement. Messi's poor off the ball movement would be insignificant if the other "superstars" would do their fucking job. Doesn't help that our managers have been tactically inept for the last 4 years.

I don't really understand this criticism of Messi. Next thin you know he will be criticized for not defending like a wingback. Like he did any defending from 2010 onward.

kilian

Hope, I understand, but if you expect Messi to be Xavi, Iniesta and Suarez all rolled into 1 for every match possible then that't a bit unrealistic. That's exactly what he needs to do for us to be in contention for trophies. Contrary to popular belief he's still human and as a human it is hard to expect him to pass, score, move off the ball or rip defences apart with dribbling. Even harder when he's not in his 20's anymore. Messi's lack of movement is evident but understandable since he has to do so much already. Attracting so much attention already opens tons of space for other players.

See last season. Neymar and Suarez had space on the pitch to open a cattle farm because Messi pulled 2-3 defenders everytime even with his lack of movement. Messi's poor off the ball movement would be insignificant if the other "superstars" would do their fucking job. Doesn't help that our managers have been tactically inept for the last 4 years.

I don't really understand this criticism of Messi. Next thin you know he will be criticized for not defending like a wingback. Like he did any defending from 2010 onward.

I don`t expect him to be that. Where did I ever said something like that? I said that he is my last hope for this season, given that he is the GOAT. I don`t expect him to save a free kick and then sprint with the ball and score. What are we even talking about here.

Did you watch Argentina - Venezuela? I watched only the first half and his movement off the ball was practically non-existent. That was my only criticism and from quite a few other people too. He is the best player in the world, but he can`t produce much if he just jogs 40 metres from the goal. We`re not talking about defending, it`s about moving when your teammate has the ball.
Maybe he is tired of idiots that play with him in Argentina, I don`t know. I know I would be. But this blind defending of his yesterday`s game is pointless. He was as bad as the rest of the team was.

JamDav1982

Di Maria? Really?? He is the sorriest bitch in that whole team, its Sampaoli that fucked up the subs completely, that the game somehow got worse in the 2nd half. Go watch Di Maria highlights of that game if someone made that, and tell me agian that he was the best player.

Yeah Di Maria was most dangerous player for Argentina and best player when on the park.

I don't like him as a player and none of rest of what you said is relevant to game last night which I don't think you watched anyway.

vlad

Messi walked in WC final vs germany so its nothing new, he is player less when he doesnt have the ball, sad but true

MessiFan

Where can I get all the information about the team travel to lisbon tobplay against sporting. Im big fan of messi, and want to meet him. Want to know the hotel where they are staying and the time of arrival at the airport. And which airport. Please

Devils

Iniesta confirmed Barto lied about his new contract. Don't be surprised if he lied about Leo's contract too.

Kohe321

Messi's continued silence on this matter is pretty frustrating. If he has agreed to the contract like Bartomeu said, then just confirm it and end the speculation. If he hasn't yet, then he is certainly holding back because he wants to put pressure on the board, in which case he should just come out and deny it like Iniesta did. Staying quiet on the issue doesn't make much sense either way, whatever his strategy is.

Messi not renewing would be like the Doomsday Machine from Dr. Strangelove for the board. But if that's his plan...

https://youtu.be/ozg7gEchjuM?t=4m29s

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Xavi Torres said that he has no working relationship, but will still renew, however on new terms presumably after the mess this transfer window turned out to be.

Actually he said he did indeed give his father the authority to sign on it before his marriage, but is not keen on being a part of any photo session right now.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans