Luis Suárez

Messigician

Ronald Koeman: "I'm not the bad guy in the Su?rez situation. It was the decision of the club. I respect Su?rez a lot." [via @Alfremartinezz]

zanela

I don't think complacency had something to do with his decline.He is a winner,a fighter.But he naturally declined with age and also with those many injuries...being injured at an advanced age can be a deal breaker to your body. Not everyone is naturally a physical monster like Ibra or Ronaldo.Those are outlier than the norms.

Every athlete undergoes a natural physical decline. But the lifestyle choices and self-discipline have a bearing on it (injuries included). The examples of players you mention follow a rigorous fitness regimen in their personal space. They didn't just become monsters magically even if they may have been genetically aided. Ronaldo/ Ibra aside, there are still strikers of Suarez's age who are in a better physical shape. A sense of permanence despite inconsistencies and lack of competition does set in complacency. Whilst there has been a gross negligence in the overall fitness of the squad in the recent past, it has been most palpable in the case of Suarez and he's partly to blame for it. A warrior spirit alone won't suffice when you haven't done the foundational work behind the scenes.

Last edited:

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Every athlete undergoes a natural physical decline. But the lifestyle choices and self-discipline have a bearing on it (injuries included). The examples of players you mention follow a rigorous fitness regimen in their personal space. They didn't just become monsters magically even if they may have been genetically aided. Ronaldo/ Ibra aside, there are still strikers of Suarez's age who are in a better physical shape. A sense of permanence despite inconsistencies and lack of competition does set in complacency. Whilst there has been a gross negligence in the overall fitness of the squad in the recent past, it has been most palpable in the case of Suarez and he's partly to blame for it. A warrior spirit alone won't suffice when you haven't done the foundational work behind the scenes.

Good post. A lot of pity being directed towards Suarez when he announced his departure, and maybe I've become a heartless prick, but him, Messi and company have been part of the problem despite the fact the Board is largely to blame.

They've been totally happy coasting it, sleeping on their laurels while cashing out a huge paycheck every year meanwhile the club suffers humiliation after humiliation. Messi I include because of his lack of leadership and balls despite him being hands down out best player.

I am willing to bet that if our defeat had been at the hands of another club and not the one sided ass-whooping of a lifetime that Bayern gave us, you would be seeing Messi and Suarez laughing and frolicking in training at this moment in time while nothing fucking changes.

For that reason I feel absolutely no pity, yes we know the board is the major culprit here, but they ought to all be ashamed playing the victim at this fucking point in time. We appreciate what you have done, but please you've been fat and out of shape and playing like shit and refusing to run and refusing to leave for years and as a result, look where we ended up.

Richard.H

Good post. A lot of pity being directed towards Suarez when he announced his departure, and maybe I've become a heartless prick, but him, Messi and company have been part of the problem despite the fact the Board is largely to blame.

They've been totally happy coasting it, sleeping on their laurels while cashing out a huge paycheck every year meanwhile the club suffers humiliation after humiliation. Messi I include because of his lack of leadership and balls despite him being hands down out best player.

I am willing to bet that if our defeat had been at the hands of another club and not the one sided ass-whooping of a lifetime that Bayern gave us, you would be seeing Messi and Suarez laughing and frolicking in training at this moment in time while nothing fucking changes.

For that reason I feel absolutely no pity, yes we know the board is the major culprit here, but they ought to all be ashamed playing the victim at this fucking point in time. We appreciate what you have done, but please you've been fat and out of shape and playing like shit and refusing to run and refusing to leave for years and as a result, look where we ended up.
QFT...

Katarina1

Banned
He also made his exit ugly by demanding a full payoff even when he had big offers elsewhere. Hope he flops hard at ATM or else the amigos will whine all season about how we should have kept him.

El Gato

Villarato!
Man's gonna have a point to prove.

Now watch Semedo-Adama wing for Wolves being an absolute sensation :lol:

Barca truly is the scorched ground morale cesspit

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Maybe Barca was the problem all along? Will be interesting to watch Semedo and potentially Messi next season.

Porque

No doubt. The group of veterans together was the disease, their culture of low work, arrogance and undermining the cosch.

But drop one of each of them into another team who work hard and they will look decent.

Were still going to be lethargic until Busquets is out the 11. He and Messi with that grandad football.

Home of Barca Fans