Luis Suárez

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
that's the coach's job, not mine. all i know is that suarez can evidently still contribute in the league, and if we cant compete for the CL, we might as well try to win that

you would still complain about having two passengers upfront... it's evident that Messi and Suarez can't play together at this stage of their careers.

BarcaOG

Banned
you would still complain about having two passengers upfront... it's evident that Messi and Suarez can't play together at this stage of their careers.

new coach this season. maybe, maybe not.

what we DO know is that suarez can still score 10+ goals in the league, and that we have dropped points numerous times this season because we couldnt find a goal, even against much weaker teams.

ultimately, youre correct that the mistake was not necessarily letting suarez go, but not replacing him properly. that said, given our finances, we couldnt really replace him properly (clearly braithwaite doesnt count). if thats the case then we could have used luis, for the league

mc_lovin

Gotta love how quiet this thread has gotten all of a sudden.

Why? He had great 60 minutes and was terrible afterwards.

I am still glad hes gone, even if he wins the title. Our games are finally enjoyable again (not that this is solely on Suarez).

Horatio

You're welcome
Why? He had great 60 minutes and was terrible afterwards.

I am still glad hes gone, even if he wins the title. Our games are finally enjoyable again (not that this is solely on Suarez).

No. I am saying the opposite. People were saying how Suarez was winning Atletico la liga. But now since things dont seem so sure it has gotten quiet.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's already been explained 500 times why moving on from Suarez was the logical thing to do, no matter if he scores 0 or 50 goals for Atletico.

Precisely. Some players can look finished in one system but still work great in another. Barca have had many examples of these players.

raedkuwait

To bad for them and good for us that he still cant pass the ball he had so many golden chances to puy a at madrid players one on one with the keeper but he just cant pass the ball.

Vilarrubi

Didn’t watch first half yesterday so just seen his goal now, unreal finish, cool as you like. He was missing them for fun for us last season. Would love to see comparison in his shots per goal ratio and big chances missed from this season to last, because he was ahead of the big chances missed chart by far in 19/20.

Bobo32

Didn’t watch first half yesterday so just seen his goal now, unreal finish, cool as you like. He was missing them for fun for us last season. Would love to see comparison in his shots per goal ratio and big chances missed from this season to last, because he was ahead of the big chances missed chart by far in 19/20.
https://understat.com/team/Barcelona/2019
https://understat.com/team/Atletico_Madrid/2020

* A slightly higher shot/90 this year compared to last
* Very similar non penalty xG/90
* The same amount of goals in 250min less so far this season

With regards to xG, he scored 3,76 more goals than expected on the shots he took this year, last year the same number was 1,83. So he still overperformed on his shots last year, only not as much.

With Suarez, he shoots from some stupid or at least unusual places, with a low xG, and sometimes scores from there. I think this must skew his xG-stats. But overall, the stats on that page looks surprisingly similar.

Last edited:

malvolio

don't know what people expected really? should we cry every week in here over something we already know?

yes, without his goals atletico most probably wouldn't have been in first place right now. he is the first natural goalscorer they brought in since falcao left.

Home of Barca Fans