Luis Suárez

Ritchie

Why would you willingly send a key player(you can say he was crap as of late, but still key) to a rival in the same league?
Should have sent him to another country(yes, im aware he failed the Italian test, but surely there were other options).

Because he's crap. if he was any use we wouldn't have let him go. We're not selling someone on top of their game like Eto'o.

fergus90

Suarez definitely still has his uses against teams with tired legs as shown the other day and I bet he will comfortably get double figures for league goals. However it's been plainly obvious that his physical decline has been there for the last couple years. He's in no way able to cope with the demand of 90 minute matches twice a week for a top European team anymore.

Of course football fans are as fickle as it gets so every goal he scores you'll have people doing cartwheels saying he should still be here etc etc, then one bad game people saying he's shit. Truth is a 33 year old Suarez should be used as a super sub against tired legs as the ability to finish and be a nuisance is still there in bursts.

JamDav1982

Suarez definitely still has his uses against teams with tired legs as shown the other day and I bet he will comfortably get double figures for league goals. However it's been plainly obvious that his physical decline has been there for the last couple years. He's in no way able to cope with the demand of 90 minute matches twice a week for a top European team anymore.

Of course football fans are as fickle as it gets so every goal he scores you'll have people doing cartwheels saying he should still be here etc etc, then one bad game people saying he's shit. Truth is a 33 year old Suarez should be used as a super sub against tired legs as the ability to finish and be a nuisance is still there in bursts.

Would be useless as a sub as would be on far too much money and only worth it if teams sitting deep.

Even if opposition tired they will be able to run better than him and tired defenders v pace would be a bigger threat than him hobbling about.

He will score v poorer teams that sit deep but that is not enough for what Barca need even as a sub.

fergus90

Would be useless as a sub as would be on far too much money and only worth it if teams sitting deep.

Even if opposition tired they will be able to run better than him and tired defenders v pace would be a bigger threat than him hobbling about.

He will score v poorer teams that sit deep but that is not enough for what Barca need even as a sub.

That's what i'm saying, good as a sub against the lesser sides but can't handle the demands of European football anymore at the highest level. Barca needed shot of him and i'm glad they did. The decline has been there for a long time but he will do a job for Atleti in La Liga where expectations aren't anywhere near as high as Barca from fans and club itself.

JamDav1982

That's what i'm saying, good as a sub against the lesser sides but can't handle the demands of European football anymore at the highest level. Barca needed shot of him and i'm glad they did. The decline has been there for a long time but he will do a job for Atleti in La Liga where expectations aren't anywhere near as high as Barca from fans and club itself.

It would be pointless having him a sub who can only really make a difference v shit teams who sit deep.

Better off having players for future that can come off bench with energy when Barca need it not a hobbling declining player whos legs having gone is evened up by tired defenders.

Home of Barca Fans