Luis Suárez

Ritchie

Atletico already out for La liga. Costa and Suarez are too bad.

They've been done for a while Atleti but they can raise their game for the odd CL game and defend well (Liverpool last season) and benefit from a much weaker La Liga keeping them in the top 4. They don't concede many goals, that's all they have going for them. Now they've got this donkey up front.

Morten

They've been done for a while Atleti but they can raise their game for the odd CL game and defend well (Liverpool last season) and benefit from a much weaker La Liga keeping them in the top 4. They don't concede many goals, that's all they have going for them. Now they've got this donkey up front.

Pretty much, its incredibly difficult to challenge for a 38 game competition when you score so few goals.
We didnt score many either, but we still had 19 more goals than Atletico last season, 51 goals is a really poor showing tbh, so i doubt they can do worse this season though.

KingLeo10

Good riddance, once again. He's been finished for 2-3 years and an absolute impediment to any club with serious aspirations.

khaled_a_d

Good riddance, once again. He's been finished for 2-3 years

Suarez said it the best in his last interview; he always said we need a young striker but they have always failed to bring someone to even xompete with him.

Suarez himself gave us solid seasons for a 30-33 years old striker.

Messigician

🗣️ ? Suarez: ?There are many issues in Barcelona. I provided solutions if the issue was economic, and if it was sports, I could understand it. The reasoning of the board was not clear to me.?

🗣️ ? Suarez: ?In the six years I have been at Barcelona, I always said that the club needed a young forward. They never brought anyone who could compete with me. I deserved to be called and explained the reasons for my departure before I found out from the press."

This is true tbf

Birdy

Suarez said it the best in his last interview; he always said we need a young striker but they have always failed to bring someone to even xompete with him.

That's total BS from Suarez.
We all know that had the club bought a promising young striker, he would have played minimally because the CF position in the starting XI would be occupied by Suarez, Messi's best buddy.

JohnN

That's total BS from Suarez.
We all know that had the club bought a promising young striker, he would have played minimally because the CF position in the starting XI would be occupied by Suarez, Messi's best buddy.

We don't actually know that. We know zero things about it if we are honest.

Havesaks

I understand him, but you just can?t neglect the fact that his friendship with Messi had an extreme visible toxic effect on the pitch. The club made the right choice imo. Wages also needed to be cut down because of economical reasons.

Club probably couldn?t find the right young ST for the right money, and that?s why we didn?t get one, and continued with him as lone striker.

Home of Barca Fans