Luis Suárez

aragorn

Will always be grateful to everything he accomplished here. People will quickly forget his bad UCL away games when all is said and done like they forgot Villas 22 scoreless matches streak, and Eto'os misses throughout the 08/09 season.

Goodbye el pistolero, the greatest Barca striker in the 21st century. :cheers:

Eto'o's last goal for the club was in fecking CL final! On top of, it he came back to fuck us from defending our CL title the very next season!! No wonder the fans would have felt that it was a bad move to ship him out

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Rubbish seasons??? Bullshit. Without him, no 2017/2018 and 2018/2019 Laliga tittle for Barca (and if anyone say Laliga is garbage tittle, GTFO). Only in UCL he was bad (especially away games).

He was absolutely fucking shit, we would of won them tittles with any other competent striker.

malvolio

He was absolutely fucking shit, we would of won them tittles with any other competent striker.

you're tripping. it's easy to say "any other competent striker" when you're just speculating.

fact is he did alright in those 2 seasons. 2017/2018 he was third after messi and ronaldo and in 2018/2019 he was joint second with benzema, after messi.

absolutely fucking shit? - not really. not on his prime level? - true.

just look at other striker numbers from those two seasons. aside from anomalies like salah or kane hitting over 30, most are between 20-25 goals in the league - same as suarez. even lewa was not much better in those 2 seasons.

Last edited:

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
you're tripping. it's easy to say "any other competent striker" when you're just speculating.

fact is he did alright in those 2 seasons. 2017/2018 he was third after messi and ronaldo and in 2018/2019 he was joint second with benzema, after messi.

absolutely fucking shit? - not really. not on his prime level? - true.

just look at other striker numbers from those two seasons. aside from anomalies like salah or kane hitting over 30, most are between 20-25 goals in the league - same as suarez. even lewa was not much better in those 2 seasons.

So you agree any other competent striker. He was way way below his previous levels and he broke up so many of our attacks; his goals in my opinion didn't offset how bad he was during the link up play etc.
I expect more from him, way more; he didn't take care of himself and that's my biggest issue with him. He just got too comfortable in general and just became very toxic and although I don't think on he did it on purpose he disrespected the fans in doing so.
This thing isn't entirely his fault, he would of been much better managed and looked after under better management but unfortunately we didn't have that and he let us and himself down. Although we may disagree whether he was shit his final 2 seasons there's no doubting how insane he was during the first 2.

malvolio

So you agree any other competent striker. He was way way below his previous levels and he broke up so many of our attacks; his goals in my opinion didn't offset how bad he was during the link up play etc.
I expect more from him, way more; he didn't take care of himself and that's my biggest issue with him. He just got too comfortable in general and just became very toxic and although I don't think on he did it on purpose he disrespected the fans in doing so.
This thing isn't entirely his fault, he would of been much better managed and looked after under better management but unfortunately we didn't have that and he let us and himself down. Although we may disagree whether he was shit his final 2 seasons there's no doubting how insane he was during the first 2.

agree with you on the way he was managed and on how he handled himself. and also agree that he was shit compared to first 2 seasons.

just felt you went too hard on him with the "absolutely fucking shit" remark, considering that other elite/good strikers had pretty much the same numbers in those 2 seasons.

his overall game could have been better and he broke lots of attacks with shit passing or first touch(i believe he has the worst first touch out all elite strikers). but he wasn't a passenger, still provided a decent amount of goals.

Last edited:

gulaman

The level of disrespect this legend has received from fans is shocking. So he couldn't maintain the same insane scoring ratio that he had in his peak. Not many 30+ players can. He was still scoring regularly. He could have stayed as a squad player and still have been an asset to bring off the bench or to fill in for injured players. To discard him so ruthlessly and for some Barca fans to celebrate so joyously is shameful.

BarcaOG

Banned
The level of disrespect this legend has received from fans is shocking. So he couldn't maintain the same insane scoring ratio that he had in his peak. Not many 30+ players can. He was still scoring regularly. He could have stayed as a squad player and still have been an asset to bring off the bench or to fill in for injured players. To discard him so ruthlessly and for some Barca fans to celebrate so joyously is shameful.

yep, couldnt agree more

Home of Barca Fans